Project Manager, Print
DP+ Farmington, MI
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a variety of print projects within the agency for multiple accounts and internal clients. They will plan, evaluate, execute and own mid to high complexity vendor projects from beginning to end. These projects will include but will not be limited to brochures, direct mail, specialty invitations, booth displays, facility wall graphics, arena graphics, specialty advertising items, etc. This includes creative, proofing, approval for final release, vendor production and delivery. The Project Manager will monitor quality, schedules and profitability.
· Oversee agency process and workflow
· Work with teams to develop scope of work specifications
· Create and manage project schedules
· Determine time of staff and OOP estimates necessary to complete a project
· Manage and work with outside vendors for production services
· Prepare vendor RFQ's including all appropriate specifications; solicit bids; select appropriate vendors(s) and issue purchase orders; review/approval vendor invoices
· Develop overall project estimate and generate them within the accounting system
· Provide project governance and oversight
· Conduct status meetings and reviews, as needed
· Review layouts during review process
· Send completed asset packages and instructions internally or to vendors
· Follow-up on delivery of project deliverables to delivery destination, as needed
· Conduct lessons learned sessions and associated documentation
· Monitor and maintain program budgets using (QVA's EVM)
· Understand and apply project management best practices
· Provide project documentation management
· Conduct project risk management
· Review project performance
· Develop solutions to production challenges
· Review final files and oversee release of lesser complex projects, as needed
· Field questions, review schedules and TOS estimates for lesser complex projects, as needed
· Assist with process updates and activation within the agency, as needed
· Assist with new business RFQ's and RFP's, as needed
· Work directly with Director of Print and Process Operations to ensure overall project quality and delivery meets agency and client expectations
· Create prepress job ticket before release; review prepress and printer proofs; attend press approvals, perform quality check on job samples
· Understand Adobe software capabilities such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Understand design terminology such as pdf, jpg, psd, etc.
· Proven project management skills
· Proven vendor management skills
· Proven experience of managing multiple projects in fast-paced environment
· Microsoft Office skills
· Experience using Microsoft Project
· Knowledge of commercial print buying (sheet fed, web and digital)
· Knowledge of print technology (prepress and retouching)
· Knowledge of paper specifying letter shop, personalization and mailing)
· Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in Business Administration, Project Management, Production Management or Marketing/Advertising
· 2-4 years of Print Project Management experience at an Agency (including coordination responsibilities but not limited to only coordination)
· Experience in this same role with digital execution projects is a plus
· Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a plus
· Experience with managing multiple work streams and/or multiple clients is a plus
· Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities
We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
DP+Why Work Here?
Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 5 Years in a ROW!
About DP+ We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
TechnologyView all jobs at DP+