Project Manager, Media
DP+ Farmington, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a variety of media planning projects within the agency for multiple accounts and internal clients. They will plan, evaluate, schedule, own delivery, and timelines of all department projects from beginning to end. This includes vendor management, tracking of media authorization, insertions orders, etc. The Project Manager will monitor quality, schedules, and profitability.
· Assist account, creative and media planning teams to ensure common understanding of timelines, deliverables, and expectations
· Work with account and media planning team to create and maintain media schedules
· Work directly with the Director of Media and Associate Director of Media to ensure overall project quality and delivery meets agency and client expectations
· Maintain an understanding of campaign strategies and account initiatives to contextualize priorities, understand project risks and understand the relationships between projects and deliverables
· Estimate media team workloads and ensure team members are not over-allocated
· Ensure timelines are followed and deliverables are completed on schedule
· Alert the appropriate team members if deliverables are not going to be completed according to the timeline
· Ensure appropriate tools are used for formal communication
· Maintain a regular flow of communication with the director of media, account team, program managers, and the MRX project manager
· Host weekly media team meetings to review the status of all media related tasks
· Conduct status meetings and reviews, as needed
· Determine time of staff and OOP estimates necessary to complete a project
· Develop overall project estimate and generate them within the accounting system
· Understand processes and methodologies and, where needed, help revise to match project expectations and realities
· Assist teams on development of scope of work specifications
· Conduct lessons learned sessions and associated documentation
· Monitor and maintain program budgets using (QVA's EVM)
· Understand and apply project management best practices
· Provide project documentation management and conduct project risk management
· Develop solutions to production challenges
· Assist with process updates and activation within the agency, as needed
· Assist with resource management, as needed
· Assist with new business RFQ's and RFP's, as needed
· Proven project management skills
· Proven vendor management skills
· Proven experience of managing multiple projects in fast-paced environment
· Microsoft Office skills
· Experience using Microsoft Project
· Excellent management, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills
· Knowledge of media planning activities
· Previous experience working in a media planning department is a plus
· Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in Business Administration, Project Management, Market Research or Marketing/Advertising
· Agency experience
· 2-4 years of Project Management experience
· Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a plus
· Experience with managing multiple work streams and/or multiple clients is a plus
· Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities
We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
DP+Why Work Here?
Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 5 Years in a ROW!
About DP+ We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
ConstructionView all jobs at DP+