Director of Client Services
DP+ Farmington, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The DP+ Director of Client Services will be responsible for successful, dynamic management and professional growth of the agency’s account team and consultative, productive engagements with the agency’s lead client set across diverse categories/verticals. As a core member of the agency’s cross-disciplinary leadership team, the Director of Client Services will represent the ideas and needs of the account function, while also collaborating with the other functional leaders to help identify and eliminate barriers to best in class work, innovate new offerings and capabilities and achieve agency growth through both organic and new business opportunities.
- Strategic point of contact for senior clients, responsible for maintaining and building strong, enduring relationships in collaboration with assigned account leads.
- Responsible for overseeing organic growth of accounts; proactively develops and proposes initiatives that drive client business and assesses client developments on ongoing basis to identify opportunities.
- Management of account financials, revenue, and profitability, in collaboration with account leads and COO.
- Helps deliver thought leadership to agency clients to bolster the value of the agency.
- Seeks out and obtains client feedback to drive increased client satisfaction and engagement.
- Values and advocates for a strong creative product.
- Evolves the discipline of account management, keeping it distinct from project management, while seeking out training and development opportunities for account staff individually and as a whole.
- Mentors, leads, and inspires the team to find creative solutions to both client and internal challenges.
- Embodies the agency POV and mission.
- Fosters an environment of partnership and collaboration with colleagues in planning, creative, project management and other internal disciplines.
- 12+ years’ experience in client service and account leadership in the marketing/advertising industry
- Diversified client/category experience
- Staff management and leadership experience
- Experience with national, regional and start-up clients preferred.
- Expertise across all media and holistic solutions (inc. Google Certification)
- A track record of successful client engagements as “trusted advisor” in both proactive and reactive situations, from opportunity building to problem solving.
- A proven ability to sustain and grow account value.
- Strong financial acumen and experience
- Collaborative, empathetic interpersonal skills, both with staff and with clients
- A dynamic, effective communications approach—verbally, in writing and in presentation style
- The ability to adapt to different client organizational cultures and dynamics.
- Perpetual desire to know and learn as much as possible about each clients’ business, category, and competitors on an ongoing basis.
- A respect for the role of advertising/marketing in advancing client business.
- Results motivated and oriented.
- Successful negotiation skills
Disclaimer: All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
DP+Why Work Here?
Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 5 Years in a ROW!
About DP+ We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together. We are The Agency of Change.
BusinessView all jobs at DP+