Project Manager, Direct Mail
- Posted: 28 days ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The Project Manager, Direct mail is responsible for variety of print projects within the agency for multiple accounts and internal clients. Planning, evaluating, executing, and owning mid-to-high complexity vendor projects from beginning to end and managing deliverables in all phases of development. The Project Manager, Direct Mail will monitor quality, schedules, and profitability. They will also interact with the client daily, ensuring all client expectations, goals and objectives are being met.
· Create, revise, and publish project and job production timelines
· To/For clients, internal staff, and vendor partners
· Leverage credible paradigm for managing concurrent and cascading jobs, chained dependencies/predecessors
· Capture critical path elements (i.e., LDM, creative approvals, client legal reviews, stock, press check)
· Select/Use single entry/single tool with multiple filters/selects
· Work directly with Director of Delivery Services or the VP, Special Projects to ensure overall project quality and delivery meets agency and client expectations
· Create prepress job ticket before release; review prepress and printer proofs; attend press approvals, perform quality check on job samples
· Create, revise, and publish COGS and ROGS spreadsheets
· Job, version, print, finishing, letter shop, assembly, fulfillment, postage costs, etc.
· Calculate profit and margin per job, per project, per portfolio
· Process vendor invoices
· Generate client invoice data
· Generate burn reports
· Coordinate all list data management between client, list service and printer
· Implement and adhere to data security requirements
· Leverage target profiling (in collaboration with content strategist)
· Manage list delivery, scrubbing, CASS, NCOA & PAVE
· Near-expert on comm platforms (Outlook, Teams, Txt, Phone, In-person)
· Publish meeting agendas & notes
· Attend client mtgs
· Host meetings with staff & vendors
· Track tasks and deliverables (demand)
· Maintain resourcing & assignments (supply)
· Vendor evaluations/RFQ’s
· Review, approve and deliver performance metrics
· Five years agency project management experience (2400 PM hours logged as a project manager over five years)
· Three print projects (each minimum 3-month duration)
· One DM project with at least 3 versions, 100,000 pcs
· Understand Adobe software capabilities such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
· Proven vendor management skills
· Proven experience of managing multiple projects in fast-paced environment
· Microsoft Office skills
· Knowledge of commercial print buying (sheet fed, web and digital)
· Knowledge of print technology (prepress and retouching)
· Knowledge of paper specifying letter shop, personalization, and mailing)
· Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in Business Administration, Project Management, Production Management or Marketing/Advertising
· Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a plus
We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together.
DP+, a fusion92 brandWhy Work Here?
Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 5 Years in a row!
About DP+, a fusion92 brand We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together.
ConstructionView all jobs at DP+, a fusion92 brand