Advertising Operations Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Ad Ops Specialist is responsible for adding media and site tags to websites, trafficking digital ads, assisting with debugging, and troubleshooting existing tags, appending tracking codes, creating documentation, and assisting the analytics team with data dashboards and reporting. This role will work alongside digital media, analytics, and technology, serving as a conduit between teams. This role can be remote or a part of our Chicago or Detroit office*.
Ideally the candidate possesses some web development knowledge, specifically understanding the fundamental attributes of how web pages “work.” The ideal candidate is comfortable browsing a website via “developer tools” and understands basic console errors and dependent resources. The ideal candidate has knowledge of http status codes and may occasionally browse Stack Overflow.
· Work with data, digital media, and tech teams to understand campaign goals and implement tracking for these goals
· Add media and site tags to landing pages following structure in tag maps
· Assist with debugging issues and troubleshooting for existing conversions and dashboards
· Create/test landing page URLs with tracking codes appended to verify landing pages and tracking pixels are working as expected.
· Assist with organizing campaign assets to help expedite efficient trafficking, aligning creative assets with created tracking codes.
· Traffic digital ads within Ad Server platforms, creating and exporting tag sheets for internal teams and vendors
· Ensure ad tags are created to vendor specs
· Provide documentation and updates on client configurations and settings
· Work with data analytics team to assist in client dashboard/reporting requirements
· Work with overall digital teams to maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques and look for opportunities to develop new techniques
· Knowledge of Google Analytics, Floodlight Tags, UTM codes, Google Tag Manager or other tag management systems
· Knowledge or direct experience in creating API connections between various platforms (CMS, media advertising platforms and websites)
· Knowledge of media tag types (impression tags, on-site conversion events, retargeting, 1x1 pixels)
· Knowledge of Ad Server platforms (Flashtalking, Google Campaign Manager 360) and process for trafficking digital ads within those platforms
· Broad knowledge of digital advertising landscape (DSPs, retargeting, campaign objectives)
· Communication skills with a variety of team members across different departments
· Organized with attention to detail
· Strong troubleshooting mindset
· Task management
· Experience with project management systems such as Jira a plus
· Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, related fields/studies, or 1-2 years relevant work experience
· DSP experience or Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) a plus
*While our offices are currently open, daily in-office attendance is not required.
We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together.
DP+, a fusion92 brandWhy Work Here?
Voted "Coolest Places to Work" 5 Years in a row!
About DP+, a fusion92 brand We are a fiercely independent, full-service advertising agency based in America’s heart of modern renewal – Detroit. Inspired by our surroundings, we’ve made it our mission to create change through our ideas. So, we bring together world-class creativity with the latest tools for media, digital and data/analytics. We’re consistently rated one of the best places to work by AdAge, Crain’s and the Detroit Free Press. They’re right. And the reason is that we’re all on the same mission together.
38505 Country Club DriveFarmington Hills, MI
BusinessView all jobs at DP+, a fusion92 brand