California manufacturing company is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven account executive, preferably located in California, to join their sales team. The ideal candidate is ambitious, driven and has experience selling technical solutions.
The account executive will be able to identify new marketplace opportunities and prospects, actively engage with existing customers and manage all aspects of the customer experience.
The primary responsibility of the Account Executive will be to increase revenues through new customer acquisition as well as the expansion of business with existing customers.
$60-65,000 Salary plus Commission with expected total income of $100,000 to $120,000 annually.
- Increase company visibility and exposure with the top distributors and greenhouse manufacturers in the agri-business industry
- Participation in strategic industry trade shows, organizations and events
- Prepare and submit sales forecasts, new opportunity reports, and other management reports on a timely basis, as required.
- Develop new leads through research, market segmentation, target marketing, email campaigns, cold-calling, networking, conference participation and channel partnering.
- Responsible for awareness and understanding of the operating environment of greenhouses and grow rooms, as well as the emerging trends and directions in the industry that may impact the company’s strategic direction.
- Regularly schedule on-site sales calls and presentations with the sales team members of customers to identify new end-user projects, create interest in company’s products, and perform product demonstrations and training.
- Build product and brand awareness with prospects, existing customers, channel partners and secure new product commitments.
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process and pricing strategies
- Understand the market in which the company operates and how the company’s products and services are used within the greenhouse and grow room environments.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with credibility, integrity and a high degree of professionalism.
- Candidate must possess a Hunter mentality, the ability to close new business, expand existing accounts and have an interest in and knowledge of the agri-business industry.
- Develop strategic relationships with the top distribution firms and greenhouse manufacturers in the agri-business industry.
- Aggressively pursue and secure new greenhouse and grow room development projects and distributor stocking orders.
- Utilize the company adopted CRM to capture activity, opportunities, contacts, and documents related to existing and targeted new customers.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM solutions.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of successful experience in sales
- Travel as required, a minimum of 30% of time.
- Work from Home Office