Dear born, MI
Preference to Local resources in Michigan
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in defining automated monitoring, deployment and repair strategies using a wide variety of ops tools and monitoring platforms
· Builds and maintains tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoots and resolves issues
· Configuration and monitoring of product builds
· Builds and maintains tools for constructing the DAT build and images
· Makes sure build and deployment processes are following known best practices.
· Assists with capacity planning and continual performance improvement of the development processes and build infrastructure and
· Optimizes the DAT builds and image creation process and tooling
· Evaluates vendor-supplied software packages and makes recommendations to management.
· Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages to meet project requirements.
· Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for use by development and test groups
· Diagnoses, isolates and debugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
· Perform periodic build validation and integration testing, and share results with the team
· Manage test scenarios and validation metrics
· Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Computer Engineering
5+ Years experience required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Experience building and supporting C and C++ applications
· Experience with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Vagrant and Docker
· Experience working with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins is required
· Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies is useful e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, AWS or Azure
· Knowledge on configuring or maintaining cloud and container platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure, Docker) Proficiency in Linux (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux / RHEL, Ubuntu, SLES) or Unix operating systems and Windows required
· Proficiency with Make files and scripting languages (bash, lua, perl etc.) required
· Proficiency in Matlab, Ruby and Python desired
· System Engineering experience on Tomcat application server, Apache HTTP Server, Java Development tools, automation and scripting
· Experience in DevOps environment in a large enterprise is desired
· Familiarity with Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle is a plus
· Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels