Private Detox center for opioids and alcohol is seeking a part-time overnight Addiction Counselor for our facility. This is NOT an entry level position.
The successful Addiction Counselor candidate will have experience in chemical dependency and/or behavioral health.
We treat a variety of patients from various backgrounds and diagnoses. Therefore, the Addiction Counselor should have a positive attitude, flexibility and strong interpersonal skills.
Addiction Counselor Responsibilities:
+ Facilitating client's daily activities
+ Ensuring client safety
+ Inputting pertinent client information into records
+ Completing admission and discharge forms
+ Monitor patient care and assessment
+ Coordinate with the manager, therapist, and doctor
+ Properly QA client medication sheets
+ Occasional transportation of clients
Addiction Counselor REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test.
* Five years’ experience in health care or mental health care field.
* Detox experience
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and dependable.
* Drug and alcohol counseling certification required (CAADAC, CCAPP, ect.)
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Professional communication skills and basic computer knowledge.
* Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and clean driving record.
* Outstanding ethics and professionalism.
* Extensive HIPPA knowledge.
* Current CPR certification