TRIO Talent Search Program Admin. Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $15 Hourly
Under the supervision of the TRIO Talent Search Program Director, the TRIO Talent Search Program Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the TRIO Talent Search Program staff with clerical and office support in reference to all facets of the TRIO Talent Search Program.
Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ Dodge City Community College provides a student-centered learning environment where students can achieve their educational, personal, and career goals.
- Outreaches, identifies and selects eligible TRIO Talent Search (TS) Program participants.
- Informs target schools’ students, faculty/teachers, counselors, and support staff of the TRIO TS Program goals and purposes.
- Assesses the academic, career, and personal needs of program participants.
- Manages program correspondence, recordkeeping, report preparation, notetaking, and processes required for documentation of services to be included in the Annual Performance Report (APR), such as tutoring, advising, financial literacy, and financial aid application assistance (Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA).
- Processes TRIO Talent Search Program applications to determine eligibility for program participation.
- Maintains the TRIO Talent Search Program participant database, Contact Lists, Spreadsheets; and Reconciles records.
- Assist with the TRIO Talent Search Program budget tracking, along with maintenance of the general budget worksheet ledger.
- Maintains a welcoming atmosphere in the TRIO Talent Search Program Office; greeting students and office visitors, as well as provide immediate assistance, when needed.
- Provides students with advice and assistance to encourage persistence, retention and success (graduation and/or transfer) to four-year institutions.
- Provides referrals to other services when appropriate so as not to duplicate or supplant other partner schools’ resources and services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
- Associate’s degree.
- Ability to use interpretive judgment within generally prescribed standards and procedures.
- Ability to work respectfully with students, staff and members of the community.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience with technology, including computers, data entry, faxes, printers, copiers, and word processing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Must maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations including traditional and non-traditional students.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiar with or from a background similar to TRIO Talent Search Program participants.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Limited to supervision and mentoring of the TRIO Talent Search Program Student Employees and Part-time Employees.
Physical Requirements: (With or without assistance)
- Ability to occasionally carry supplies weighing 20-30 pounds
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak clearly and audibly directly with individuals and on the telephone.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in written form and verbally.
- Motor skills and dexterity to access campus locations.
- Ability to bend, stoop and kneel as necessary to perform the responsibilities of this position.