Residence Life Monitor
- Posted: over a month ago
Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ Dodge City Community College provides a student-centered learning environment where students can achieve their educational, personal, and career goals.
- Attend residence life staff meetings as designated by the Coordinator of Residence Life (once every two weeks).
- Responsible for on-call phone for 24 hours for the entirety of one week every 5-6 weeks as designated by the Residence Life Coordinator.
- Responsible for writing summons as necessary and ensuring students create appointments immediately with the Residence Life/Judicial Affairs Coordinator.
- Assist student with submitting work order requests from the facilities and operations staff.
- Assist with COVID-19 response protocols as necessary, including, but not limited to, delivery of meals to students in isolation, reporting, etc.
- Assist residence life staff as necessary with students moving room assignments.
- Help with wellness checks and room inspections, fire drills, and emergency preparedness drills as requested.
- Maintain good relationships with coworkers, as well as other departments including security and maintenance.
- Keep notice and alert Residence Life Staff of cleanliness, or lack thereof, trash issues, or any other issues in the residence halls.
- Other duties as assigned
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Kansas drivers license.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work as a team member.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Residence Life experience
Physical Requirements: With or without assistance
- Ability to speak clearly and audibly by telephone or directly to the public.
- Ability to carry boxes, books, or copies of materials (up to 30 lbs.).
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend, reach, use a 10-key calculator and computer key board, and grasp as required to perform responsibilities.
- Ability to travel.
- Residence Hall
BenefitsAn on-campus residence hall room will be provided. All utilities, including cable, local phone and meals are provided when the dining service is in operation.
DODGE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
AddressDodge City, KS
Personal CareView all jobs at DODGE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE