Part Time Child Care Aide
DODGE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE Dodge City, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the Child Development Center Director, the Child Care Aide will assist the Lead Teacher in all aspects of the daily routine. The Aide will supervise children inside and out. Help with activities, projects, housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- Supervise children in organized activities, inside or outside
- Help maintain a healthy, safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Assist supervising teacher in implementing a daily program of activities according to the polities and philosophy of CDC.
- Organize the necessary materials for the daily activities.
- Active involvement in mealtime, snack and bathroom routines. Helping in clean-up when necessary.
- Help with nap/rest time preparation and follow through activities.
- Assist in the housekeeping duties and maintaining the total environment of the CDC.
- Assist in lesson planning and project preparation for the following week.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training and participate in workshops and conferences.
- Must have patience, love and respect for children and be able to relate to their developmental stages.
- Must be able to meet the staff requirements as set forth by the State of Kansas Department of Health and Environment and DCCC Child Development Center. Includes KBI check, TB testing, references, first aid and CPR training, 18 years of age or older and willing to participate in 16 clock hours of early childhood training per year.
- Must be willing to meet training requirements for the licensed facility.
- HS Diploma or GED, with willingness to take in-service hours or workshops in Early Childhood Education.
- Must maintain valid Kansas driver’s license.
- AA Degree in Early Childhood Education; may have CDA credential; may be working toward AA degree or CDA.
- Ability to lift and carry a 30-60 lb. child for a short distance
- Be able to move tables, chairs or large equipment as necessary
- Be able to bend over, squat or sit on the floor for long or short periods of time
- Ability to speak correctly in the English language
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Additional duties may be assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
DODGE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
AddressDodge City, KS
EducationView all jobs at DODGE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE