The Senior Buyer sources and purchases, raw materials, production components and other items required to produce our products and maintain the business in conjunction with ERP/MRP software tools. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for the selling/disposing of obsolete equipment in the most advantageous manner possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchases raw materials, semi-finished goods, supplies, tools, equipment, and machinery as necessary. Maintains purchase orders and related purchasing records. Communicate shipping and receiving schedule to warehouse staff.
- Uses software tools to monitor and determine actions required to secure needed materials. Eliminate stock-outs. If a stock-out should occur, drive to root cause and amend issue to avoid repeat of problem.
- Determines and communicate need for any expedited materials. Carry out agreed upon expediting plans.
- Researches/investigates and interviews prospective vendors for new materials. Lead vendor qualification process in accordance with ISO standards.
- Negotiates with vendors regarding terms and conditions, schedules, price reductions, etc. Deliver year over year cost reduction.
- Analyzes product demand, trends, and forecasts, safety stocks, and recommend inventory adjustments accordingly.
- Analyzes general market conditions/indices of key raw material feed stocks that impact short and long term price trends. Reports risks to management.
- Provides regular detailed purchase price variance reports to management.
- Maintains current inventory records; drive inventory reductions. Maintain current and accurate information within the ERP system, including current due dates in accordance with updates from suppliers
- Works closely with accounting staff to process and pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Works to improve/streamline purchasing processes and activities.
- Fosters clear communication and develop positive relationships with all suppliers, domestic and international
- Reviews concerns and issues regarding production status with production team, and/or management to ensure on-time delivery and proper communication both internally and externally.
- Monitors the financial and operational health of key/single/sole source suppliers to identify potential supply risks.
- Proactively identifies supplier/supply risks with timely reports to management including risk mitigation plans.
- Prepares reports and input information into business management systems at month-end closing, taking care to recognize discrepancies and make adjustments as required.
- Issues authorized credit memos as may be necessary.
- Supports periodic cycle counting and year-end inventory.
- As part of the supply chain team, the Senior Buyer will have significant exposure to production control, scheduling, inventory issues, FTZ, and shipping.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but is expected to mentor and train a Junior Buyer function as it exists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ERP software such as Epicor, etc.
- Three to five years of production control and Inventory Management
- Three to five years of demonstrated contract terms and price negotiation
- Three to five years of Purchase Order Contract creation, implementation and administration
- Data/Statistical analysis understanding and capability
- Must be detail oriented, organized and proactive.
- Strong preference for experience in a continuous production/manufacturing environment (processes that run 24/7).
- FTZ experience is a preferred
- Good Customer service and communication skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good math/financial knowledge
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Reasoning ability – the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work independently and take appropriate corrective action when minor problems arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to talk or hear, sit, type, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Due to the nature of the work performed in this job, the employee is required to wear safety glasses and hearing protection (Coating) when spending time in Production areas.
DNP Imagingcomm America CorporationMount Pleasant, PA
BusinessView All DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.