Position is 12 hr night shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The maintenance technician installs, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and pneumatic/electrical systems in the facility.
· Minor maintenance of equipment
· Responsible for working with outside contractors who are called in to do repair or maintenance.
· Lay out, install, adjust and maintain a variety of electrical equipment such as wiring, motors, switches, switchboards, PLCs and electrical mechanisms.
· Diagnose and remedy any electrical trouble quickly to avoid shut-downs.
· Diagnose and remedy trouble, determine necessary repairs, tear down and reassemble machines.
· Perform repair of machinery under direction of Maintenance Supervisor.
· Troubleshoot potential problems before machinery incurs additional expenses or production downtime.
· Inspect machinery at regular intervals
· Assist in installation of new equipment as necessary.
· Perform other assigned tasks as directed
Education & Experience:
· Associates degree in a technical discipline; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to work from drawings, manufacturer specifications and wiring diagrams
· Ability to use common precision measurement gauges and equipment.·
Proven knowledge of two or more specific maintenance trades such as electrical, mechanical, etc.
· Technical knowledge of automated production machine equipment and maintenance required.
· Experience with slitting and coating process preferable
· Must be capable of working flexible hours to accommodate 24/7 manufacturing operations, including weekends, and on-call requirements
Reasoning ability – the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work independently and take appropriate corrective action when minor problems arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for 12 hour shifts. The employee is frequently required to grasp, walk, bend, reach, squat, twist and rotate body. The employee must frequently push/pull wheeled toolboxes up to 500 pounds. The employee must occasionally kneel, climb and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. The employee may have to reach in odd position and/or lie down. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to wear respiratory protection as needed in close proximity to solvents. A Hazmat physical is required for this position.