About the Position
The Accounting Clerk applies accrual accounting principles to perform general accounting tasks. The position is highly focused on Accounts Payable functions, with the opportunity to gain exposure to other areas of accounting. Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative, transaction processing, and clerical support to the organization. Primary duties include properly approving payments and controlling expenses by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner. This position also provides assistance with various reconciliations and journal entries including payroll and accrued expenses.
This position is part time with an estimated 15 hours per week.
About DNA Genetics
DNA Genetics is a globally recognized leading cannabis brand founded in Amsterdam in 2004. Over the last 16 years DNA has curated a genetic library and developed proven standard operating procedures for the genetic selection, breeding, and cultivation of cannabis. In a world increasingly opening up to commercial cannabis activity, DNA is positioned to become the first, truly geographically-diversified company. DNA has operations in California, Canada, and Europe.
· Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and statements
· Maintaining corporate records (invoices, contracts, etc.) digitally, including organizing and renaming files for easier search and later recall as needed
· Understanding and applying payables to the appropriate expense account classification
· Reconciling bank accounts
· Communicating with third party payroll service provider
· Responding to auditor requests for information, investigating as needed, and providing explanations for transactions
· Maintaining a dedicated accounts payable email inbox
· Continuing to improve payment and transaction processing controls
· Communicating with vendors, auditors, and others in a timely and professional manner
· Recording certain accounts payable transactions in the accounting system
· Protecting sensitive information
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum of 1-2 year(s) of accounts payable experience
· Bachelors/Associates degree (or those currently pursuing a degree) in Accounting or a related field preferred
· Basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
· QuickBooks Proficient
· Basic to Intermediate Excel Skills
· Attention to detail