DN Tanks designs and constructs prestressed concrete liquid storage tanks. Our mission is to provide our clients around the world with the highest quality liquid storage tank at the best long term value with unsurpassed customer service and satisfaction.
DN Tanks is a team of high-energy, enthusiastic individuals who embrace the company's core values; caring, communication, innovation & integrity, passion, professional excellence, teamwork, and safety. The quality, dedication, and commitment of our employees are the keys to the success and continued growth of the company.
Technology Manager Summary/Objective
Based at the DN Tanks Wakefield, MA office, the Technology Manager is an integral part of day-to-day operations. With 200+ employees across 3 office locations and 10+ field locations requiring phone, network access and security, application and internet connectivity, the Technology Manager has a critical role in DN Tank's productivity and success. The Technology Manager partners with leaders and employees across the organization and in all locations. DN Tanks is seeking an experienced technology manager able to maintain and optimize all aspects of its growing technical infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the ideal candidate brings deep expertise across both desktop and server class hardware/software. The Technology Manager will manage our WAN, LAN, and SAN environment, while looking for ways to economically grow our networks to meet future demands. He/she will be responsible for developing maintenance and growth plans, managing a small team and keeping leadership informed on the latest technologies to consider.
Current Priorities include:
- Coordinate ongoing deployment and maintenance of core employee technologies (desktop, phone, voice mail, O365, collaboration) and compute technologies (VM/physical server).
- Managing corporate introduction to Office 365, including OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Support deployment of technology help desk capabilities for DN Tanks.
- Architect file storage strategy to support local file server to cloud storage approach.
- Construct technology operations schedule to organize execute core functional cadence.
- Research, establish and deploy all server (VM/physical) and desktop operating systems and all user applications.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software upgrades throughout the life cycle of each product.
- Manage Active Directory and departmental permissions.
- Design and implement software and hardware back-up strategies for network servers and desktops.
- Design and incorporate all network (LAN and WAN) functions, including policies and profiles.
- Design and maintain the remote office WAN implementation, including broadband analysis and deployment.
- Manage technical hardware inventory and replenishment strategy including sourcing, procurement and RMA.
- Manage support request intake and work assignment via technology service desk.
- Manage Voice Mail and Email systems.
- Manage all employee computer hardware and software competency and recommend training.
- Oversee Technology sponsored initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to improve cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Work with department managers to improve data flow and efficiency within their departments.
- Interview, evaluate, hire and oversee outsourcing and programming assistance as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field with strong computer & networking.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in desktop/server/network administration with Windows 2008/2012/2016 (Active Directory, Azure AD and O365 preferred).
- 4+ years of desktop and server support experience.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure, scaling & maintenance.
- 2+ years of experience installing and configuring network equipment (routers, switches, firewall) required.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux systems.
- Expert knowledge of the Office 365 environment including SharePoint and related storage, sharing and communication tools.
- Industry certifications a plus (MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MOS, etc.).
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010/2013/365
- Collaboration: SharePoint, O365
- Backup: Veeam, CA ArcServe, Symantec, EMC, cloud backup solutions
- Deployment technologies: SCCM
- Cloud/VDI offerings: Office 365, Citrix
- Virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V
- Firewalls: CheckPoint, PaloAlto, Cisco ASA, Juniper
- Routers: Dell, Cisco
- Server: Dell, Cisco UCS, blade systems
- Storage: Dell
- Communication & Network: SD-WAN, VoIP
DN Tanks is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/ Disability Employer