CONSTRUCTION FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
David M. Schmitt Drywall & Interior Systems is seeking a dependable Full Charge Bookkeeper for our office located in West Palm Beach, FL. This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, processing accounts payable, month end closing and reporting, in accordance with the established accounting standards, contract provisions, and company policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Accounts Payable - job costing and cost code allocations
- Accounts Receivable- posting payments and gathering information for customer draws
- Invoicing - T&M Billing and Percentage of Completion
- Reconcile bank statements for multiple accounts
- Generate monthly financial statements
- Process waivers for contract payments
- Managing Release of Liens Waivers and other project documentation
- Communicate company finances directly to the CEO
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivables
- Administer Workers Compensation Insurance and Employee Health Plan
- Participate in examinations by taxing authorities and various audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required
- 10+ years of Accounting experience
- 3+ years Construction Bookkeeping experience
- Complete understanding of accounting & financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards; Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory, cash flow analyses, overhead calculations and accounting principles
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with ProContractor desired
- Familiar with standard AIA contracts and G702-703 forms
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and bank working knowledge
- Competency to handle multiple projects with precision and maintain confidentiality
High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity; positive attitude, flexible!
- Salaried Position: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Hours: Monday-Friday 40hr minimum
- Vacation: 2 weeks (after one year of employment)
- Personal/Sick Days: 6 days per year
- Insurance: Company paid Medical, Vision & Dental
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume.
DMSt Drywall & Interior Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.