Application Engineer, Central North Region
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
Title: Applications Engineer I
Reports to: Applications Coordinator
Location: DMG MORI TC
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Classification: Non Exempt
Travel: 25 – 50%
Employment is conditioned on DMG MORI's ability to obtain and maintain any necessary export licensing.
Provide technical support in person or over the phone for customers, sales, and trade shows for CNC Machines. Complete time studies, test cuts and machine demonstrations as per customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
- Perform application engineering work under direct supervision.
- Participate in training activities with senior colleagues, internal academy, and external resources.
- Compile fixtures/ work holding for demo’s, test cuts, and turnkeys.
- Conduct time estimates for customer parts.
- Calculation of optimal speeds and feeds for part processing.
- Use CAPPS conversational programming, industry standard CAM systems, and direct G-Code/ Macro programming to generate CNC programs for parts processing.
- Setup CNC machines with program, tooling, workpiece, and fixtures.
- Inspection of finished parts for quality and accuracy.
- Generate engineering reports and technical documentation.
- Frequent communication with internal technical staff, external customers, and external suppliers.
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred, and/or machining knowledge.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Knowledge in part processing, metal cutting, CNC programming, reading drawings, and machine setup.
- Basic understanding of Metallurgy.
- Proven experience to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Proven flexibility with shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week and overtime with advance notice.
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Exposure to manufacturing/machining environments which may present possible hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery. General office environment experienced at DMG MORI office.
Frequent: Travel, operating a vehicle, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, sitting and reaching. Pushing, pulling, and lifting objects. Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
Periodic: Operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones.
Occasional: Lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening
DMG MORI USA, INCMilwaukee, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.