Additive CAD/CAM Design Engineer
- $85,000 to $110,000 Yearly
Title: Additive CAD/CAM Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
Travel: 10 - 25%
Employment is conditioned on DMG MORI's ability to obtain and maintain any necessary export licensing.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
- Programming of 5-axis Machining Center and MillTurn platforms with Siemens NX CAM
- Design and redesign of customer parts for additive manufacturing (DED & SLM) using Siemens NX CAD, and other advanced CAD programs
- Support post-processor development in collaboration with CAD/CAM supplier, delivery factories and customers
- Organize and carry out design and software workshops and trainings for customers and team members, both remotely and at customer site
- Coordinate additive manufacturing customer relationships for existing and future software licenses
- Evaluate innovative features to be included in future software releases and coordinate implementation with software supplier
- Identify software trends and evaluate software innovation for technology advancement
- Conduct feasibility and time studies for customer parts, and support complex customer turn-key projects
- Additional customer support in Siemens NX when necessary
- Frequent communication with internal technical staff, and external customers
- Support sales meetings, exhibitions, and conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- 1-5 years CAM programming for 5-axis CNC Milling and/or MillTurn machines, preferably with Siemens NX CAM
- 1-5 years CAD design experience, preferably with Siemens NX CAD • Experience with design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) is a plus
- Experience with simulation software (FEM) and topology optimization or generative design is a plus
- Proven experience to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences, developing and maintaining professional relationships with customers
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel for customer support
- US Person” under ITAR regulations to enable work on export-controlled projects
Manufacturing environment (assembly, machining, and quality control facility) at customer locations or DMG MORI Showrooms. Exposure to possible hazards may include noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery. General office environment in the DMG MORI Office.
Frequent: sitting at desk utilizing computers and phones, standing, walking.
Periodic: Business travel (domestic/abroad) operating power equipment, utilizing a computer, and phone.
Occasional: bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.
DMG MORI USA, INCHoffman Estates, IL
ManufacturingView All DMG MORI USA, INC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.