Title: Sheet Metal/Fabrication Manager
Reports to: Production Technology General Manager
Location: DMG MORI Manufacturing, Davis, CA
Benefits Plus: 12 Paid Holidays, Winter Break, Generous PTO & Sick Leave, Profit Sharing, No-Cost Lunch Catered Daily, Company Sponsored Clubs i.e Golf, Volleyball, Hiking, Ping Pong, etc. and so much more!
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Travel: up to 5%
DMG MORI Manufacturing USA is the global leader in precision machine tooling who is respected for being TOP in our class! Our USA manufacturing factory is always hiring Top Talent! We are a brilliant company, with incomparable benefits, are always scouting the United States for extraordinary professionals to join a conservative culture while representing our elite team.
Employment is conditioned on DMG MORI's ability to obtain and maintain any necessary export licensing.
The Sheet Metal Factory Manager is tasked to proactively lead and develop a vastly growing Sheet Metal Factory team. Key responsibilities are project management, planning, scheduling, instructing, directing, and auditing the quality of work of Sheet Metal Factory teams.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and are not limited to:
- Ensure the quality and delivery of sheet metal manufacturing processes
- Manage production schedule and work records correctly
- Improve the productivity
- Establish and communicate clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Provides overall leadership to team including developing, motivating, and leading strong, effective teams.
- Prepare and manage daily fabrication schedules
- Make plan for future equipment investment
- Establish consumable material procurement process and Equipment maintenance
- Manage team member working time and reporting requirements and hold performance reviews
- Communicate and work effectively across multiple teams and departments to achieve production goals
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 or more years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience managing fabrication
- Strong communication and effective supervisory skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Ability to assemble sheet metal components, plumbing, motion components, and cast structures
- Project scheduling experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Manufacturing environment (assembly, machining, quality control facility) at DMG MORI Manufacturing. Exposure to possible hazards may include noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
Frequent: standing, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones.
Periodic: walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
Occasional: repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.