The Marketing Communications Specialist will collaborate with the Marketing Director to develop and execute brand, and marketing activities to meet short and long-term objectives. This role will work across all DMC teams and internal stakeholders to understand needs in order to attract potential insureds and retain existing ones.
This position will assist in the building of market awareness and momentum for the DMC Insurance brand and strategic initiatives.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will focus heavily on both creative and some analytical work to help shape the brand’s evolution and ensure messaging consistency across DMC and the market.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
Marketing Communications Strategy
- Assist in the execution of the Marketing programs - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR – leveraging the right internal processes and external resources as needed
- Assist in the development of an annual marketing calendar
- Prepare marketing research analysis of competitive environment and industry trends in support of improved marketing strategy and communications
- Prepare and update research around association members and insureds to assist in targeted campaigns
- Utilize and update CRM as needed to help in the tracking and acceleration of marketing campaigns
- Update and maintain DMC’s website for optimal usage and reflection of DMC’s brand as well as implement SEO best practices
- Execute on and assist in the development of social and digital media strategies
- Implement email marketing program and manage email marketing efforts in line with the marketing strategy
- Work with internal and external teams to design, plan and assist in execution of successful trade shows and association presence including ROI measurement of participation and sponsorships of these events
- Assist in the development, improvement and delivery of customer events including the annual race weekend party
- Assist in implementation of spokesperson strategy and sponsorship programs
Creative Execution & Project Management
- Update and develop effective marketing materials to be utilized by the sales team including presentations, customized brochures, etc.
- Assist in development of writing of content and storyboards to support DMC’s brand and strategic initiatives, i.e. conceptualize and write website content, trade publication ads, newsletters, video scripts, emails, white papers, etc.
- Assist in the development of promotional products, giveaways and other branded materials as needed
- Partner with other internal stakeholders, external agencies and vendors to meet business objectives and goals
- Propose, develop and execute process improvement projects for marketing organization
- Assist in the development and execution of internal communications and engagement activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Practical marketing and communications experience ideally in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability of working in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability working with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge and/or ability to learn HTML related web languages
- Exposure and / or ability to learn SEO strategies, Google Analytics and digital marketing metrics,
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Word and Excel and an aptitude to learn new programs
- Proven ability to engage cross functionally across teams and businesses
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage time in a fast-paced environment, prioritize critical tasks, communicate with management on status, and deliver on objectives in a timely fashion
- Public Relations experience is a plus
- Graphic design experience is a plus