DM Berg Consultants PC Needham Heights, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 to $38 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, life insurance, medical,
D M Berg Consultants, P.C. has a career building opportunity for entry level and young structural engineers with the desire to learn how to design new buildings (steel, wood, concrete, light gauge metal framing ), renovations of existing structures, facade inspections, structural forensic engineering, foundations, and other related structural engineering services. We are seeking candidates ranging from entry level up to five years of experience designing reinforced concrete, wood and steel structures. The position is based in the Needham, MA. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the design of challenging structural engineering projects throughout New England area. Additionally, this position offers a great opportunity for a motivated, detail oriented, team-oriented Engineer to develop their structural engineering knowledge and work on anything from small to large building design projects.
- Prepare structural design calculations for buildings (new and renovations) structures
- Review contractor submittals for structural designs
- Coordinate with architects, civil, geotechnical, and contractors in solving highly multi-disciplinary design problems
- Write technical memoranda and other documents explaining the basis for structural designs
- Perform AutoCAD/Revit drafting and Direct the AutoCAD/Revit technicians and other members of the drawing production team on the proper display of plans, sections, and details
- Participate in the QA/QC process for structural design prior to submittal to the client
- Perform job sites visits during construction.
- Perform existing condition field measurements and structural documentation
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (curriculum emphasis in structural engineering) from an accredited school.
- Direct job experience or relevant coursework in structural analysis, finite element analysis, reinforced concrete design and detailing, steel design and detailing, and wood design.
- Familiarity with the latest versions of structural design standards, including ACI-318, ASCE-7, and AISC 360.
- EIT certification or ability and intent to earn within 6 months of hiring
- Ability to work in a team environment to analyze problems and develop engineering solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with some of the industry standard drafting and BIM software packages, including Autodesk suite (AutoCAD and REVIT), and the production of structural details, drawings, and plans
- Strong experience using structural design analysis software (ie. RAM and RISA 3D, etc)
An ideal candidate will meet all of the above qualifications, plus the following:
- Bachelors degree or Master degree in structural engineering, with some experience (internships or Co-op) in structural building design a plus.
- Eligibility and intent to obtain a Professional Engineer license (Structural PE) within 4 years of hire
DM Berg Consultants PC
100 Crescent RoadNeedham Heights, MA
ConstructionView all jobs at DM Berg Consultants PC