- Posted: May 19, 2022
Role: Legal Assistant
Reports to: Associate Counsel
Company: DLP Captial
Location: St. Augustine, FL (Hybrid)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401(k) with innovative company matching program, Unlimited PTO after 1 year, Hybrid work schedules available, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Company Events, many self improvement and productivity tools, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Capital - DLP Capital is a private real estate investment and financial services company focused on making an IMPACT by acquiring, developing, and building relationships, housing, leaders, and organizations. DLP Capital executes its IMPACT through a wide array of business divisions and companies including lending, investment funds, sales, leasing, property management, construction management, development, and loan servicing. Through the Elite Execution System and the companys exclusive membership platforms focused on business scaling, investment housing, family, and wealth, DLP Capital impacts lives by empowering its clients to choose, create, grow, and preserve prosperity. Continuing its steady year-over-year growth, the company earned a spot on multiple Best Places to Work lists for 6 years in a row and on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for 9 years straight.
Summary: The legal assistant will provide general clerical and administrative support to the in-house legal team. This role will be responsible for ensuring streamlined organization and deadline management for the department in intake, processing, and closing of legal matters. This role is also responsible for coordinating travel, scheduling meetings, and coordinating meeting technologies.
What you have already achieved: (Requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- Support the legal department in general clerical and administrative tasks.
- Effectively utilize all legal department filing technologies and systems.
- File legal documents where necessary, preparing and transmitting correspondence.
- Drive, Dealpath & Sharefile - Maintain and organize all legal department cloud-based files.
- Track and calendar key dates.
- Transmit immediate, timely correspondence of changes in key dates to appropriate team members.
- Organize legal matter documents including, but not limited to, loan documents, litigation filings, title documents, and assemble closing binders on acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist in critical support tasks related to closing of transactions.
- Prepare reconciliation of financials for legal department and real estate expenditures.
- Process and manage all legal department mail.
- Follow company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all federal, local, and state guidelines.
- Prepare first drafts of basic documents for attorney review/revision.
- Manage all intake for legal department, including, but not limited to opening, assigning, and organizing matters.
- Streamline internal communications.
- Other tasks that may be assigned.
Who you will work with :
- 300 high energy, positive, incredible team members
- An experienced top-level Leadership team
- In-house Counsel (at all levels) and leaders from multiple business units.
What you're motivated by:
- A fast pace. Weve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members - coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of Leaders made here at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Augustine, FL
LegalView all jobs at DLP Capital