- Posted: over a month ago
As a member of the Database Services team, you will work with multiple database, Cloud, and automation technologies. You will collaborate with business users, and help developers with data-tier architecture, performance tuning, and database design and development.
We expect you to have experience working as both, Infrastructure and Developer DBA, be proficient with automation, and have expert-level knowledge of at least one database technology in our portfolio. We are looking for individuals who are eager to learn and work in fast paced environment
What you have already achieved: (Requirements)
- 3-5 years of experience with API and ETLs
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with database technologies
- Experience working with at least two, and expert-level knowledge of at least one database technologies in our portfolio: Bigquery, MySql, Postgres, SQL Server
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides, and best use-case
- Willingness and commitment to learn other database, automation, and Cloud technologies
- Proficiency in automation
- Experience in Agile development methodology & Agile development tools
- Experience working with the databases in public Clouds
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform system monitoring and address various issues in the system
- Ability to do performance tuning and database development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- Drive the design, monitoring and support of Google BigQuery, MS SQL, AWS, and other databases
- Manage and configure database backups and recovery
- Serve as Database Administrator for Cloud environments
- Create, manage and troubleshoot data exchange, data flows, data transformations & data models between systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, and security issues
- Champion and lead reliability-focused practices such as Failure Analysis, Load and Capacity Planning, Service Reviews, Architecture Designs, and Incident Postmortems
- Build and improve internal tools and automation software to make maintaining production services easier and safer
- Own critical production service designs and environments, to ensure a high bar of reliability is achievable and measurable
- Drive reliability and observability improvements in the services you oversee
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Effectively communicate any updates, job status, and other information including but not limited to held desk cases, system problems, system development, new technology research and user issues
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Interface with consultants and vendors for relating to application issues
- Create and maintain documentation, including training documentation and release notes
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Participate in Scrum team meetings, along with sprint planning and grooming sessions
- Adhere to the departmental change management process for any and all network changes
- Technical Competencies: Google BigQuery, AWS Console & CLI and/or PowerShell experience, SQL, MySql, Postgres, Datamigration, Backup, Log shipping, T-SQL, DB Security, DB Design, DB Optimization, DB Audit
What you're motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- A leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and innovative CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members - coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
At DLP Capital, we are committed to making an impact - whether it's through acquiring and developing real estate, building relationships, or empowering our clients with the tools they need to achieve their dreams. We deliver a suite of services including lending, investment funds management, and loan servicing in addition to an exclusive membership platform focused on scaling businesses and preserving wealth. We are proud to have been named on multiple Best Places to Work lists for more than six years, and have remained on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for 10 consecutive years.
Benefits and Perks:
Unlimited PTO, Hybrid schedule, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) matching, learning/educational incentives, Volunteer Time Off, well-being programs, company events, self improvement/productivity tools, & the incredible feeling of making a difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Augustine, FL
TechnologyView all jobs at DLP Capital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?