We are seeking an individual who is proactive and technically skilled. The successful candidate will be resourceful, detail oriented, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Receives bulk materials, weighs and subdivides materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; loads into equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper mix of ingredients, and monitors the production flow.
- Assembles piping, filters, hose connections and bottom valves. Operates processing equipment including pumps, mixers, homogenizers, and kettles, and uses processing equipment to compound pharmaceutical, cosmetics and personal care products from raw materials to finished product.
- Documents various procedures during the processing of the bulk, such as mixing time, mixing temperature, reweighing of raw materials, additions or corrections. Documents production timelines using current best practices. Maintains batch records as specified. Computes yield percentages and documents results. Ensures proper labeling of product.
- Ensures equipment meets all required sanitary standards; uses small hand tools to disassemble pumps, mixers and other equipment, cleans according to set procedures, and reassembles prior to mixing a new batch of product.
- Maintains tools and work areas in a clean and orderly manner according to GMP practices and routinely sanitizes equipment following work instructions.
- Performs GMP/Safety Audits to ensure GMP standards are followed daily. Utilizes current inventory system to account for raw material usage.
- Operates forklift to lift drums in production process, forklift and/or pallet jack to transport raw materials or finished product, and scales to weigh bulk materials when necessary.
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
· A high school diploma or its equivalent is required
· Ability to deal with all levels of staff within the company
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Proven analytical skills and attention to detail
· Good interpersonal skills with an independent and energetic style, but also able to incorporate and build on feedback and direction
· Knowledge of safety regulations and practices
· Fluent English communication skills to read/understand policies and procedures, following instructions precisely to ensure product is manufactured to specific standards, maintain written logs and records, perform data entry, understand verbal instructions, and discuss problems with supervisors and other staff.
· Have manual dexterity to manipulate controls and disassemble/assemble equipment.
· Accurate basic math skills.
· Interview process includes basic math skills test and mandatory drug test.
· Spanish a plus.
· Warm temperature levels, fumes, vibration, dust, etc., sufficient to cause minor discomfort, oily/wet conditions.
· Employees may be required to wear protective eye wear, hair nets, uniforms, safety shoes, and gloves in certain areas or situations.
Location: Paramount, California
Salary and Benefits:
DLC Laboratories, Inc. offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including:
- Health Insurance (including Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% company match of gross pay
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Employee purchase discounts on DLC Laboratories products
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Although we are grateful for all interest in our company, we will only contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.