Metals Shop Manager/Metals Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Metals Shop Manager/Metals Project Manager
· Sheet Metal Roofing related experience (4 years)
· Driver’s License
· Management of Metal Shop
· OSHA & Safety guideline knowledge
· Roofing Project Management, 4 years (Required)
· CADD experience (preferred)
· Roll Former
· Sheet Metal
· Computerized Break & Shear
Full Job Description
DKG & Associates is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Metals Division Project Manager to join our team. The (MSM/MPM) is responsible for properly organizing, coordinating, and managing Company resources throughout the project. The (MSM/MPM) is accountable to ensure that project execution expectations regarding safety and quality performance, scope, schedule, and cost guidelines are met or exceeded, as are client expectations. Must maintain open communication with DKG Project Managers on any metal orders for project through the execution phase with a specific focus towards safety, quality, procurement, cost management, schedule management, work performance and overall progress against the plan while mitigating risk to the Company and our Clients.
The (MSM/MPM) role is one of a leader and coach. The MSM/MPM) shall develop execution and communication processes that allow for close collaboration with all project Managers, foreman, and CEO/CFO to ensure an integrated and complete scope of work.
Experience in the construction industry (particularly Metals & Roofing) and an understanding of the specific safety issues inherent to this industry is required.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Participate in the estimate preparation for selected projects and review the contract specification, drawings, measurements, and take-off information
· Maintain open communication with Submittal Manager on Submittals
· Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employers and/or subcontractors
· Ensure all projects comply with corporate, site, local authority requirements, building regulations, state, federal standards, and applications necessary to complete projects
· Coordinate project schedule with customer and/or contractor, inspectors. Set up pre-construction meetings.
· Provide safety and hands-on leadership to teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of metal; communicate and write up work orders for the metal shop for contractual performance of the project
· Build strong relationships with vendor and clients
· Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representative, AE representatives, and other contractors, to ensure satisfaction with project
· Develop departmental standards in line with company best practices and operational excellence
· Provide technical assistance including interpretations of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required, to identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
· Manage sheet metal shop personnel, orders and maintaining inventory
- Four-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience in metal division
- Combination of technical, project management experience, supervising safety, financial outcome, customer relationship, contract, and vendor/customer relations.
DKG & Associates provides equal employment opportunity for everyone regardless of age, gender, color, race, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service record, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other protected group as provided by law.
Job Type: Full time, Exempt
Location: Albuquerque, NM
· Simple IRA- After 1 year
· Dental insurance- After 60 days
· Health insurance
· Vision insurance- After 60 days
· Paid time off- After 1 year
- Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: 7000 Huseman Place SW Albuquerque, NM 87121
DKG & Associates Inc.Why Work Here?
Family owned and operated since 1997.
The single most consistent praise for DKG & Associates is that we do exactly what we say we will do: we build leak-proof roofs, and we stand by our word. We've been in the commercial roofing business since 1997 and have a rock-solid reputation for high-quality work - and keeping our word. We finish on budget and on time. Working with DKG doesn't require a leap of faith. Our exemplary record - from day one - proves our word. We consistently build and repair roofs that work exactly the way we say they will. And we consistently have clients that are happy they chose us.
7000 Huseman Place SWAlbuquerque, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at DKG & Associates Inc.