Does the intersection of data, FDA approvals and consumer awareness interest you? Here at Edelman, we're applying communications marketing principals to address major unmet needs in creative, exciting ways. Join us to help support a team making a real difference with a promising investigative product.
We seek a stellar Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to join the Health team. This is an opportunity for a smart, self-starting, detail-oriented AAE, with a passion for healthcare and pharma communications, to work on some of the world's largest and well-known brands.
While there is no "typical day" at Edelman, you will:
- Provide client service support: attend meetings, meet deadlines, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Manage projects working with staff and vendors, including tracking financial details
- Demonstrate understanding of and implement public engagement and social media tools Identify and work with media; demonstrate network of traditional and online media contacts
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
This is an entry-level account position. An assistant account executive will possess good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. Interest in healthcare is important for this role.
S/he will have excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he will have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, general office logistics and will pass a writing test. S/he will have an interest in pursuing a career in social media. S/he must have a strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work to his/her team and clients. Previous internship experience in the communications field and a bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Understanding of FDA and health regulations a plus but not required.