DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The CNC Programmer/Operator is located at our El Paso, TX facility, will be responsible for CNC programming, setting up and operating CNC and also operating machine shop equipment like end mill, lathe, drill press, band saw, and grinder, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout and machining procedures. The CNC programmer will work directly with the engineering team, develop innovative solutions to improve existing equipment, build prototype tooling, and be able to build parts with or without a print.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Ability to program CNC equipment is a must.
- CAM software expertise (Solidworks CAM or MasterCAM).
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to design and build prototype fixtures and tooling.
- High knowledge of G-code.
- Familiarity with HAAS CNC.
- Solidworks experience.
- Working knowledge of an end mill, lathe, band saw, arbor press and other machine shop equipment.
Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
Complete and maintain paperwork for parts.
Assist in other work areas, including but not limited to, perform fabrication, mentor apprentice machinist.
Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Applicable certificate from college or technical school.
Preferred 2 years experience and/or training in an equivalent field.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to lift, push or pull up to 85 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in controlled and non-controlled environments.