The Controls Engineer is responsible for the upkeep and improvement of all automation production equipment. Work towards continuous improvement of processes, with input from Manufacturing Engineers, Operators, and Management.
Controls Engineer Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with Machine Breakdowns when maintenance cannot fix in timely manner
• When required, interface with other functions (Manufacturing Engineers/Maintenance/New Model Launch/IT)
• Develop and Upgrade Vision System to World Class Standards
• Provide tools for useful data flow for manufacturing purposes, includes Machine data/Automated Text messages/Reporting Services/ETC.
• Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company
Controls Engineer Key Must Have’s:
Degree mandatory, prefer EE degree
4-5+ years’ experience as Controls Engineer
Must have strong Allen Bradley PLCs/HMIs
Must be able to do machine install, debugging, tweaking
Strong understanding of maintaining and improving production and automated equipment
Robotic experience a must: ABB Robots, Fanuc Robots or others
Exposure to Vision Systems, but Teledyne Dasla or Keyence iView software is definitely preferred
Database knowledge is preferred. SQL 2008 or newer
DIRECT Staffing Solutions
Why Work Here?
Creating a great workplace Personal and Corporate success 4. Diversity in all areas and at all levels 5. The pursuit of perfection