Become an integral part of a diverse team. Currently DIGITALSPEC is seeking an experienced, motivated, career and customer-oriented L1 Enterprise Operations Engineer to join our team.
Education: Bachelor’s and Equivalent Experience
Clearance: Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
· 3-5+ years of experience with IT or computer information systems
· Experience with troubleshooting IT hardware
· Experience with the use of IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, including BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
· Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and VMWare vSphere
· Monitor enterprise server environment for the Department of State, communicate and support stakeholder communications, resolutions, and continuous operations.
· Work closely with Systems Administrators on troubleshooting server problems and documentation of all changes, issues and problems related to maintaining the servers
· Perform reboots on physical and use VMware vSphere client to reboot virtual servers
· Responsible for manually pinging, testing and opening problem outages for servers and web sites that are not responding
· Able to escalate issues to level 2 LAN Administrators
· Use knowledge of standard and non-standard operating rules, procedures and diagnostic techniques to resolve difficult operating problems
· Escort and monitor un-cleared workers on site
Corporate Performance Standards: In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
1. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
2. Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
3. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
4. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
About DIGITALSPEC, LLC
DIGITALSPEC, LLC (DSPEC) is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 company founded in 2005 and headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We are a leading provider of Business Consulting Services and Technical Solution Services delivering true business value and return on investment to Federal clients in the metropolitan Washington, D.C area. DSPEC provides solutions and services in markets such as: Homeland Security and Law Enforcement, Defense and Intelligence, Financial Services, and Social & Citizen Services. We work collaboratively with clients to create solutions that ‘fit’ the client environment and use industry best practices.
Join us at DIGITALSPEC, where we’re engineering Innovations, Solutions, and Results