Job Description :
The Bulleit Distillery in Shelbyville is the newest addition to Diageo's NA Distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey and DDG to meet consumer demands.
The role requires:
- Control and monitoring of dryhouse processes and related activities. This includes but is not limited to the following process areas and related ancillary equipment:
- Centrifuge (of whole stillage)
- Evaporators (thin stillage & syrup)
- Wet cake
- Dryhouse cooler
- Conveyors / moving equipment
- Caustic handling
- Cooling tower
- Bag houses
- Grain trucks (loading and completing necessary paperwork)
- Ability to read and interpret gauges for pressure, vacuum, temperature and flow rate
- Ability to use computer systems to monitor and control the system as well as capability to operate systems manually
- Target monitoring relating to health and safety, dark distillers grain quality, production efficiency, energy management, production planning and cost efficiency.
- Full compliance with all regulatory requirements and Diageo procedures relating to site risk, TTB and environmental constraints.
- Flexibility to adapt to different shift working practices and patterns. The site will operate on a 24/7 basis. Shift work is required on a 7 day schedule including holidays.
- Both team and individual working that requires effective decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills as well as an ability to use initiative to adapt pre-set work plans.
- Use of automated production recording and management reporting systems e.g. SAP.
- Indirect production activity (e.g. project teamwork) as the need arises.
- Demonstration and promotion of positive actions and behaviours within and out with the workplace.
- Support to "on-call" managers that is likely to include:
- The completion of plant operating, H & S, environmental and security checks.
- The suspension of contractor operations if they are in breach of compliance standards.
- Attendance during incidents or emergencies.
- Working closely with the Maturation and Maintenance teams to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all aspects of the facility.
- Performing minor maintenance (cleaning, inspection and lubrication of equipment).
Purpose of Role:
To be able to control and monitor dryhouse processes and related activities
To support a range of activities on site to ensure targets are met relating to quality, efficiency, energy
To take appropriate action that ensures full compliance with all site H&S, TTB and environmental
The ability to work in highly effective teams is essential for success in this role. As a self-motivated member of the Bulleit Distillery team, you will provide support, training and coaching to your fellow team members, positively impacting your colleagues, inspiring and engaging others.
You will be responsible for:
- Operating the process per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitoring and controlling the process.
- Identifying and correcting deviations from standard process parameters.
- Reacting to abnormal conditions, breakdowns, and emergencies.
- Maintaining accurate process and inventory records.
- Maintaining a high standard of dark distiller's grains (DDG) quality.
You will actively contribute to:
- Continually improving dryhouse operations.
- Meeting or exceeding operations goals/Key Performance Indicators.
- Finding solutions to dryhouse problems.
- Sensory evaluations.
- Optimizing yield and minimizing waste.
- Future Cross functional training in distillation areas to support flexibility.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Safe & efficient production of a high quality product.
- Organize and prioritize production operations and dispatches in accordance with agreed plans.
- Control, monitor and optimize all dryhouse processes to maximize performance in a manner which fully complies with all legal requirements and Diageo standards and delivers high quality product. This requires:
- Basic knowledge and experience of operating pumps and valves
- Ability to read and understand basic process drawings
- Reading and logging measurements on a regular basis
- Testing product quality using basic laboratory procedures
- Performing general housekeeping activities related to sanitation
- Identify and analyze any non-conforming deviations from the expected process parameters.
- Respond appropriately to a range of breakdown, accident or emergency situations. This will include initial contact with emergency service(s).
- Clearly communicate with own team and others to ensure the effective continuity of site operations both during and across shifts.
- Maintaining accurate process and inventory records.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant process operating experience in any of the following environments distilling/brewing/food manufacture/petrochemical/pharmaceutical and/or the equivalent process technical training with demonstrated achievements.
- Demonstrated teamwork capability and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work towards industry qualifications.
- Full driving license.
- A working knowledge and understanding of health and safety, TTB and environmental risk management principles.
- PC/Systems skills e.g. SAP, Excel, Word,
- A working knowledge and understanding of electronic/paper business systems.
Worker Type :Regular