DHS Consulting, Inc. is a rapidly growing, California-based consulting firm; alongside our talented professionals, we are dedicated to providing Program, Project and Construction Management services to our clients with offices in Central and Southern California.
Our mission is clear. We help clients solve challenges by providing top talent to develop the right solutions at the right time. With forward thinking and utilization of the most advanced technology on the market, we’re leaders in project management strategy and execution; providing the visibility our clients want to see. Our relationships are built on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients, at DHS; we let our work product lead the way.
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate Senior Scheduler to join our team and consult with an integrated team managing a Design-Build Contractor. The successful scheduler will possess experience evaluating design/build contractor progress schedules, TIAs, and CPM Schedules including over 10,000 activities. The Senior Scheduler will have the ability to clearly articulate through presentations and written reports the results of schedule analysis, time-impacts, and recovery proposals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review Contractors baseline and monthly update schedules.
- Update and maintain the owners “As-Built” schedule.
- Employ quantitative engineering models to implement Performance Measurement reporting and Forecasting of project budget, Finance and Schedule.
- Coordinate preparation of “what if” plans (sensitivity analysis) to mitigate cost overruns and/or schedule delays. Investigate opportunities to enhance schedule without affecting cost.
- Coordinate preparation of Cost Reduction, Value Engineering, and Risk Assessment recommendations for project cost effectiveness.
- Assist in determining the scheduling sequence for equipment procurement and all phases of construction, testing and start up to achieve the schedule project completion.
- Analyze and provide alternatives and expected outcomes to avoid potential project schedule delays and claims.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project schedules to establish optimal contract interfaces and determine activity relationships to accurately plan project completion.
- Prepare and review special studies, cost forecast and time impact analyses.
- Ten (10) years scheduling experience on large civil projects
- Ten (10) years’ experience with P6 Scheduling Program – including cost and resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business or other related field is desirable.
- AACE International Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Oversee other schedulers on the team
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Push and pull 25 lbs.
- Bend Occasionally
- Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
- Talk and Listen Frequently
- Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
- Provide weekly/monthly reports
- Lessons Learned
- Provide risk register
- Attend company meetings, workshops, and training
We offer a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. DHS will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments. This position is classified as exempt meaning more than 50% of the employee’s time is spent performing exempt job duties consistent with this job description. If the employee finds the actual job duties change from those described herein so the employee is not performing exempt duties more than 50 % of the time, the employee must immediately inform management. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.