We invite you to play an important role in delivering quality services and solutions to our customers. At DHL eCommerce, we offer many rewarding opportunities in different functions of our business. Contribute to our success through various exciting career opportunities and be part of the world's leading logistics company.
DHL eCommerce has an opening for a Warehouse Operations Supervisor for our Avenel, NJ distribution center.
Shift available: 3rd
We offer a Competitive Salary + Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, STD/LTD, Life, Tuition Reimbursement & 401k!
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for executing the policies and procedures necessary to manage the physical manipulation of mail/small parcels, within, into, and out of assigned Distribution Center. Ensures the entire process meets customer and internal requirements and is completed in an organized, efficient and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign work, set completion dates, review work, and manage performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Supervise employees, mail/small parcel processing, quality process, and transportation in accordance with DHL eCommerce policies and procedures to obtain optimal quality and profitability in the assigned departments.
- Establish an environment of teamwork, employee involvement/empowerment, fairness, and consistency.
- Ensure proper staffing by department and shift, following guidelines based on scheduled mail/small parcel volume. Oversee employees’ attendance and time management.
- Conduct performance reviews, coach and train direct employees.
- Monitor and ensure that all facility equipment is working correctly and meeting production standards
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of the DHL eCommerce Distribution Center Business Plan through timely and accurate fulfillment and operations, while maintaining cost and quality efficiencies
- Review productivity, KPI, and quality reports to ensure department is meeting pre-established targets and take necessary steps when targets are not being met.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, working conditions, and increased efficiencies
- Oversee safety activities to include ensuring compliance with DHL’s safety policy and ensuring bi-annual Safety Methods and Employee Training is conducted.
- Supports HR Business Partner in the recruitment and interview process of new hires.
- Act as liaison between the facility and the on-site postal clerks. Keep updated on all postal rate/regulatory changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Understanding of Small Parcel Logistics
- Knowledge of and experience in improving operations quality and safety programs
- Experience in implementing and applying process improvement tools such as 5s
- Demonstrated successful experience in supervising and driving improved production standards and automation utilization.
- HS Diploma/GED with 2 years of external supervisory experience or 1 year of DHL eCommerce Operations Trainer/Quality experience
- 2 years’ experience working in a distribution/mail/ or similar environment.
- Knowledge of operations quality and safety programs
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate, delegate, and hold direct reports accountable to daily, weekly and monthly production objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to adapt to various audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving and skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Physical demands are consistent with a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.
- May be required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. (additional weight may be required with assistance).
- Frequently walk throughout the warehouse to supervise employees.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disability