Quality Assurance Technician
DHD Consulting Ayer, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Main Purpose of Role:
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall quality and food safety in their assigned areas
through the management of regulatory, company, and customer policies, programs, and work
instructions. Ensure all products meet company specifications and are produced in a wholesome
manner that meets Company requirements. The Incumbent will report directly to QA Supervisor by
performing the following duties listed below.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform daily monitoring and verification
tasks as outlined in the HACCP program and
recommend corrective actions for deviations.
• Collects and performs micro testing to assure
finished and in process product is free of
• Performs raw material testing to assure all
incoming material is acceptable for production
• Performs daily production line checks to
assure finished product quality integrity.
• Review and verify batch records, logbooks,
and quality documentation to ensure
completion and regulatory compliance.
• Perform Product releases
• Evaluates data collected and writes reports
using computer system.
• Performs Environmental Monitoring Swabs
• Performs ATP Hygiene Monitoring Swabs a
on equipment to assure effectiveness of
• Performs quality audits of the manufacturing
process including GMP, and hygiene
• Plays an integral part in food safety and
internal and external audits
• Identifies and communicates promptly to
Quality Manager all quality issues based on
• Fills out all on Hold logs, reports, stickers to
place product/material on “Hold” to ensure
material is secured and does not leave the
• Evaluates and sorts data and issues
• Cleans lab instruments, utensils, sinks, and counter-tops on a daily basis to maintain a clean work
• Under the direction of the Quality Manager complies with all food safety guidelines.
• Works with Quality Manager and other technicians overseeing that lot traceability activities are
being followed according to SOP’s in the event of a product recall.
• Participates and supports the operations HACCP & GMP Programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have basic knowledge of microbiology/QA/QC
• Must be capable of demonstrating physical demands typical of food laboratory and microbiology
• Must be comfortable and able to work with all kind of ingredients, spices, food components
including meat, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs etc.
• Must be proficient in MS office: Excel, Word PowerPoint
• Good listening skills and organization skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, nights as needed with reasonable
Education and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Food Science, Biology, or similar discipline from an accredited educational
institution OR equivalent work experience is required
• 0-2 years of work experience in a Quality Assurance/Control/Microbiology in GMP environment.
• Experience in HACCP/SQF environment is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at DHD Consulting