DH Pace Company of Kansas City, headquarters in Olathe, KS, offers a great opportunity in our Information Technology Department as a Programmer/Analyst. As a Member of the Information Systems Department, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of solutions that resolve business issues and you will assist the Information Systems team in the daily operations of existing business systems and the implementation of new business systems.
- Consults with users and Information Services departments, determines needs, and designs highly complex technology based solutions. Suggests alternative approaches to meet user requirements.
- Develops and implements business solutions. Evaluates business processes, workflow, database requirements, user requirements and existing business application functionality; develops project scopes and system requirements.
- Fill the roles of Product, Program or Project Lead on a development team and act as technical mentor for the Development and Business Analyst teams.
- Implement systems into business environment; scope, plan, schedule, and document projects and assist with project documentation and training.
- As for daily operations of existing business systems, you will respond to user issues and requests for enhancements, assist with testing of Service Packs and New Releases and keep systems available by resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Designs and develop reports based on user-defined specifications using SQL based query languages or reporting software.
- Communicates project progress and status to the Manager and other development team members. Provides input related to the technical performance evaluation for the Development staff.
- Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
- Must maintain knowledge of current and upcoming technologies to assure best practices are being followed.
- Required to create business solutions using knowledge and application of multiple technologies and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Five or more years of experience designing and developing business solutions/systems
- Five or more years of experience being part of a cross functional team resolving business issues
- Must work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires knowledge of C#, .NET, Object Oriented Development, ODATA, REST Services and SOA, JSON
- Demonstrated Technical Design, Development & Developer testing ability of API Services
- Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps
- Ability to move into projects and immediately apply knowledge and add value.
- Ability to explain theories and reasoning behind decision making while seeing the big picture and risks.
- SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Azure technologies
- Oracle, PL/SQL Developer
- Unit testing frameworks
- DSI Mobile Enterprise Platform
- IFS ERP
- Dynamics NAV (C/Side, C/AL)
Why DH Pace?
- We set the tone for success, reward hard work and put employees first:
- DH Pace Company is a distribution, construction and service organization offering a complete range of door and door related products through over 40 offices in the US. The company is privately-held and family operated for over 90 years, with sales in 2018 in excess of $500MM.
- Exposure to tenured DH Pace leaders will invest time in associate growth and development.
- Access to online training material to enhance professional skills and product knowledge
- Advancement and transfer opportunities
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive total benefits package and corporate wellness program
- Paid time off plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.