Outside Commercial New Construction Sales Representative
Overhead Door Company of Des Moines™, a DH Pace Company, Inc., aspires to hire an experienced Outside Sales Representative who will have sales responsibility for new construction sales for the commercial construction side of our business specializing in overhead doors, specialty products, and dock doors and dock-related products. This position is responsible for introducing commercial customers to products and services in the Des Moines and surrounding areas.
- Call on industrial and institutional accounts and establish and foster long-term relationships with general contractors in the Des Moines Metro and surrounding area meeting with decision makers to professionally present our dock doors and dock-related product line in an effort to engineer a door solution for customers’ facilities
- Develop scope of work for each proposal and personally handle every detail from initial call to closing the sale; must be proficient with Windows based programs and sales tools and ideally have worked with Blue Prints/Plans
- Achieve sales objectives set forth by management, track and record sales leads and activities and actively participate in sales meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years outside sales experience calling on general contractors, distribution and industrial markets
- Must have a strong aptitude for technical applications and/or mechanical systemMust possess a Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree, highly preferred
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, coupled with prior Estimating experience generating proposals and submittals is a plus; however, not required if capable of learning the process of working with technical applications
Why DH Pace?
DH Pace Company is a distribution, construction and service organization offering a complete range of door and door related products and commercial security products. The company is privately owned and has been in operation over 95 years! We have 50+ US offices in 24 states with 2022 company-wide sales $900+ million.
Our mission is to enhance the communities we serve by improving the safety, convenience, and aesthetics of the buildings where we live, work, and play. Our foundation of values represents who we are and what we stand for. Values are never situational or circumstantial, they are always and forever. Our core values are R.I.S.E. Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence.
We set the tone for success, reward hard work and put employees first:
- Exposure to tenured DH Pace leaders will invest time in training and development.
- Access to online training material to enhance professional skills and product knowledge
- Advancement and transfer opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive total benefits package and corporate wellness program
- PTO Plan - 16 days accrued annually after 1 year of service! 10 days accrued annually to start!
Successful completion of references, employment verifications, background check, and drug screen required in advance of hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DH Pace Company
1300 S.E. Gateway DriveGrimes, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.