The Marketing Specialist provides support to the Marketing and Sales team to ensure achievement of corporate, event and product goals through promotional plans. The Marketing Specialist at CMI is responsible for, but not limited to, the coordination of promotional literature, marketing collateral, proofing and developing processes. You’ll report directly to the Director of Sales and the President. The Marketing Specialist works with other department heads to implement strategies that align with corporate goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing, writing, proofreading and editing internal and external communications, marketing materials and presentations.
- Prepares mailers and brochures by formatting content and proofreading work done by internal and external partners; arranging printing and internet packages.
- Conducting market and customer research to determine market conditions for existing and future products and programs.
- Maintains marketing literature by checking and replenishing inventory.
- Plans meetings, webinars and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for and completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensures all digital files are correctly built for printing; Organizes and maintain completed digital files on server.
- Assists with social media outreach strategy
- Promotes products and services through public relations initiatives.
- Creates and delivers press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletters, social media content, website updates and speaking proposals.
- Working with distributors to implement campaigns that increase product sales and engagement
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or related field highly preferred
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Marketing and content creation experience; industry experience a plus.
- Experience with campaign development and deployments including, but not limited to, email, SEO and paid search and be able to utilize analytics and data to measure and drive success and opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously.
- High attention to detail, strong organization and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with deadlines.
- Motivated, self-starter; works well independently and on a team.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work with consistent follow-through.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism, organization, be very proactive and flexible.
Employment opportunity includes:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD insurance options, FSA, 401(k) and Profit Sharing.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to reference checks, background checks and a post-offer drug screen.