DGCI is seeking the services of a Contract Manager, Review and Analysis to support business operations at our Headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
This roles’ primary responsibilities will be to assist the company in avoiding contractual disputes; thus, protecting the company’s reputation and financial interest, while upholding our contractual obligations. This will be conducted through the involvement in preparing, negotiating and reviewing various company contracts, including but not limited to purchases, sales and services, and business partnership agreements.
The Contract Manager (CM) will review the company’s contracts and agreements before they receive a final approval signature; analyzing all clauses, stipulations, obligations, and liabilities to ensure they suit the company. The CM should be familiar with, or willing to learn, the required city, state, and national contract laws to verify that the company is in accordance with laws to avoid legal complications. The CM may also be responsible for looking over contracts and finding ways to cut costs for the company. He or she may be asked to participate in renegotiating pricing or terms with the other party. In some instances, the CM may be asked to draft the entire document and then bring it to the company’s management for review.
- Collaboration and review in preparing sales and purchase contracts
- Negotiating contract terms with internal and external partners
- Reviewing and updating new and existing contracts before submission to final approving authority
- Explaining terms and conditions to managers and interested parties
- Ensuring that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Analyzing potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Staying up-to date with FAR/DFAR, legislative changes, and coordinate with outside legal assistance as needed
- Ensuring all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met (e.g. payments and shipping)
- Maintaining an organized system of physical and digital records
- Creating language standards for new and existing contracts
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, DGCI reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All applicants should know that employment with DGCI is At-Will.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a business or legal-related field of study or relevant job experience is required. An MBA, with advanced and specialized training in contractual agreements or recently graduated law school candidates are preferred.
- No specific industry experience is required
- The CM should be extremely thorough and detail-oriented, as the job largely consists of reading through contractual documents line by line
- CM candidates must also have excellent writing skills, as they are often required to write, or rewrite, contracts and must be able to express themselves effectively and accurately in writing to avoid any confusion in the agreements
- They must also be able to manage their time efficiently, as many contracts and deals are time sensitive
- Proven work experience as a Contract Administrator, Contract Manager, or relevant role
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
- Familiarity with accounting procedures
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers, and external partners
About DGC International
DGC International is a premier provider of Global Defense Solutions to the U.S Government and its partners worldwide. Through Logistics, Global Operations, and Mission Support services, DGCI offers innovative solutions to persistent challenges. The company is headquartered in McLean, VA. Please visit www.dgci.com for more information.
DGC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer