Armed Security Officer - (Licensed for Federal Sites)
DFW Security Protective Force Cleveland, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
The following cities and states are accepting applications:
Albuquerque, NM., Indianapolis, IN., Cleveland, OH., Detroit, MI., Kansas City, KS., Dallas/Fort Worth/Houston, TX., Elgin/Park Heights/Aurora/Chicago, IL., Farmington/Minneapolis, MN.
Be proud of where you work. DFW Protective Security Force (DFWPSF) is one of the nation's largest privately held security companies, providing a range of security services for commercial high rises, residential communities, manufacturing facilities, government buildings, banks, and more. We believe that people come first, and that investing in our employees is one of the most important aspects of business. And now we want you to join our team.
Contract Security Officers for protecting Federal sites via Access Control, Screening, Roving Patrols, Visitor Processing, Patrol and Response, and security interests from theft, diversion, property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This will be outlined in assigned post orders. Duties may include the following (other duties may be assigned by the Site Sub-Contractor Administrator):
- Trained and qualified to work multiple posts, in case of call-offs or vacations.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of Federal Facilities.
- Patrols lobbies, corridors, and public rooms confers with management, interviews guests and employees, and interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, and accidents.
- Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Performs and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Inspects assigned areas and records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Notifies staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Permits authorized persons and regulate vehicle/pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Drives radio equipped car to through client's establishment, check alarms and locates sources of alarm.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assists management and enforcement officers in emergency situations.
- Apprehends unauthorized persons found on property, using armed force if necessary, and releases them to custody of authorities.
- Contacts supervisor by radio or telephone to report irregularities and obtain further instructions.
- Writes investigation and automobile usage reports.
- Provide First Aid as required.
Qualifications: (per government contract’s Statement of Work)
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Armed Security License for respective city/state
- Valid and current Driver’s License for specific state
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must meet the following experience requirements:
- 3 years of armed security experience within the past 5 years, or
- Associate degree in related field plus 1 year of security experience, or
- 3 years of military experience (Active, Reserve, or National Guard)
- Successful completion of State certified Police Officer’s Standard training (POST) certification course, or
- Possess a reasonable combination of a through c as agreed to by the COR.
- Must be able to physically perform all duties per the Post Orders.
- Must be able to pass drug test and medical exam per SOW.
- Criminal Background check will be conducted and no final or pending Felony charges/convictions, crime of violence, or serious misdemeanor (nothing greater than a class C misdemeanor) will disqualify applicant from working on this contract.
- Be able to read, write and understand English.
- If military service is used to meet experience requirement a DD214 must be produced and the discharge must be Honorable
- Applicant must be able to provide employment information for the last five years and three-character references.
Must be available to work all scheduled shifts and be available to work on short notice for call-offs periodically.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see and distinguish basic colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to move quickly in any emergency and must be capable of handling portable fire extinguishers and other related equipment when necessary.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Full-time and Part-time
Several Cities and States
- Multiple Facilities at Federal Sites
HOW TO APPLY
Go to our website at www.dfwspf.com, then click “Careers” and follow the below instructions:
1. Download, complete and print application.
2. E-mail application to: Applications@DFWSecurityProtectiveForce.com, or
3. Fax application to (817) 831-2112, or
4. Mail completed and printed application to:
a. DFW Security Protective Force, Atten: Recruiter, 5704 Airport Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76117
DFW Security Protective ForceWhy Work Here?
A great opportunity with a company that has experienced phenomenal and sustained growth.
DFW Security Protective Force (DFW)
326. E Lorain St. - ClevelandCleveland, OH