This position involves all aspects of Infrastructure management and daily direct hands-on task execution. Technical lead for Oracle ERP /database systems and web server apps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports directly to Vice President of IT
Responsible for all IT Infrastructure for worldwide company including but not limited to:
- Experience in PL/SQL, Oracle Forms 6 and Report Builder 6
- Oracle R12 is a plus.
- Java/J2EE is a plus.
- Ensure systems are running and accessible 24/7
- Perform daily technical administration for IT infrastructure with key focus on Oracle databases, Oracle ERP applications, and Web server systems.
- Manage Enterprise systems including backups using AWS Snapshots and recovery schemes with fail-over strategies
- Coordinate and manage external Consultants/Vendors as needed
- Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
- Provides assistance to our internal development as required for various development systems
- Prepare and maintain documentation and standards and manage infrastructure projects.
- Maintains and provides infrastructure improvements to existing company systems and applications.
- Strong written communication skills including weekly reporting and procedure writing.
- Create IT policies including ISO procedures and change control processes.
Manage all facets of the Oracle database and E-Business lifecycle including:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server database management software and related products
- Configure, monitor, and maintain database servers, patches, and software upgrades
- Implement and maintain database security (user management, role management)
- Provide strategic database and IT infrastructure direction for the organization.
- Manage Oracle systems including backup and recovery, tuning, security, and data integrity.
- Knowledge of both database and program code (SQL, PL/SQL) for performance tuning
- Coordinate patching cycles with development teams and business teams
Required Education and Experience
Technical Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, including PLSQL and SQL Plus (Linux / Unix based)
- Oracle 11g(required) and Oracle 12c(preferred), RMAN, Enterprise Manager (OEM), ASM
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i and R12 System Administration
- Experience using AWS Cloud (EC2, Snapshots, Route 53, S3)
- Linux (Oracle /Redhat) system administration (5 Years) with shell scripting
- ERP implementations and upgrades and developing and deploying enterprise Oracle database backup and recovery management practices.
- ERP Application Server management or Apache server management required
- Unix system administration and Microsoft AD Administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Strong written communication skills including weekly reporting and procedure writing
- Bachelor of Science in an IT related field or equivalent technical area.
- GPA of 3.0 minimum.
- Oracle DBA Certification
- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i / R12 System Administration experience / Certification