Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dex is in need of an experienced Vendor Quality Engineer / Supplier Development Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer to oversee the enforcement of quality assurance policies in the purchasing of electronic components and semi-conductors both here in and outside the United States.
DEX has been a provider of supply chain solutions since 1980. DEX manufactures, distributes, and repairs electronic parts and assemblies for customers. DEX has deep capabilities in servicing clients during manufacturing shortages, when components are unavailable in the global marketplace, and even when small quantities are available. While we specialize in hard-to-find parts, we source, manufacture, & repair an extensive range of parts across multiple verticals.
For over 40 years, DEX has delivered supply chain solutions by understanding the unique complexity of each customer’s business. Our customer portfolio spans multiple industries, including healthcare, renewable energy, communications, networking, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and industrial end-markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and find the best vendors to supply materials needed
- Contact vendors and liaise between product engineers, manufacturing personnel and suppliers to negotiate contracts to secure required materials for the production floor
- Conduct supplier quality control audits on a regular basis to ensure vendors and their supplies remain in compliance with company and federal manufacturing and production standards
- Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships
- Understand and interpret all manufacturing audits, including ISO 9001 and other industry standards
- Maintain a supplier database and include performance evaluations and quality control audits in the database for in-house access by company and manufacturing management personnel
- Assist with logistics, including communications with vendors when there are packaging and receiving issues when materials arrive at receiving dock
- Coordinate with purchasing department to monitor supplier performance, generating regular reports and administering corrective actions as necessary
- Complete supplier and performance audits to enhance process standardization and waste elimination
- Resolve non-conformance issues with supplied materials and follow up with suppliers for completion of corrective actions
- Develop standards and requirements for purchased components
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Proven experience securing successful vendor contracts
- Advanced knowledge of government compliance and quality control regulatory standards
- Knowledge of quality system methodologies, such as Pareto Analysis and Six Sigma
Requires specialized knowledge and experience with electronic or test equipment, manufacturing, and packaging processes for computer and computer peripherals or related industries. Knowledge of the computer parts brokering business. Prefer a high-volume buying experience with a short lead-time with the ability and flexibility to meet customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
Requires Window, Word, Excel, Oracle, basic computer knowledge and CE technical skills (Hardware & Software), technical knowledge of negotiating contracts, excellent verbal and written skills.
DEX Corporation Northeast
Get fresh Supplier Quality Development Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.