Maintenance Technician II - 126
- $21 to $23 Hourly
HNN Communities is a privately held and owner-operated professional property management company. We specialize in the management of multifamily and mixed-use properties throughout Washington State.
HNN Communities has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Maintenance Technician II to join our team. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and professional development. HNN is a great place to make a rewarding career, life is better here!
About the position
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing work orders, unit turns, and maintaining all common areas to ensure that the physical aspects of the community meet the Company’s standards of appearance, safety, and overall functionality.
Pay Details: $21-$23/hr + $4K Sign-On Bonus
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Assist in maintaining the physical condition and general upkeep of the community following Company operating and safety standards.
- Thoroughly complete work orders within the expected timeframe according to Company policy and standards.
- Prepare make-ready apartment homes including painting, flooring, cleaning, rekeying, and general repairs, according to Company unit turn policies and standards. Adjusting heat and properly secure doors and windows in all vacant apartment homes.
- Assist with cleaning and trashing out vacated apartment homes, including physical evictions. Properly document all abandoned belongings and storage/disposal according to Company policy.
- Maintain community grounds, pool and spa, common areas, trash compactor, pet stations, controlled access buildings, and amenities to keep areas clean, operational, and safe for all residents and guests.
- Assist in performing regular lighting checks and repairs.
- Oversee contractors when professional services and repairs are necessary.
- Assist with the administration of maintenance functions including tracking of inventory, data entry, and maintaining safety records within Company software. Ensure documentation is completed in a timely manner including maintaining safety data sheets (SDS).
- Ensure proper testing and maintenance of community pumps, boilers, fire control systems, backup generators, smoke and carbon monoxide detector systems, etc.
- Assist in regular inspections of the community, including pre move-out inspections, move-out inspections, and preventative maintenance inspections (PMIs).
- Follow up on unresolved customer service issues to ensure resolution and resident satisfaction.
- Promptly and professionally respond to after-hours emergency calls as assigned.
- Ensure all workshops and utility rooms are clean, orderly, and safe. Adhere to all Company safety and OSHA requirements.
- Perform supplemental landscape maintenance including pressure washing, irrigation system repairs, and watering of lawn/landscape areas so that common areas are properly maintained.
- Remove snow and ice when and where applicable during inclement weather.
- Maintain appropriate quantities of supplies within budget restraints and promptly notify supervisor when supply quantities are low.
- Responsible to secure and for the timely maintenance of all Company equipment entrusted to the employee’s care, including golf carts and work vehicles.
- Adhere to all requirements of the O & M manual including lock out/tag out and mold, moisture control and clean up procedures.
- Perform maintenance projects and tasks with minimal supervision consistent with Company policy and direction from supervisor.
- Inform appropriate supervisor(s) of any observed or potentially hazardous situations for residents, team members, and guests, including all injuries/incidents.
- Uphold proper security practices including appropriate key control procedures.
- Participate in the success of resident events, community programing and local/non-profit programs as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents, prospects, and guests.
- Complete assigned tasks by deadlines and communicate any obstacles with your supervisor in advance.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with peers, other team members and departments.
- Attend training classes as scheduled and assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years of maintenance related experience or one year of experience as a Maintenance Technician.
- Prefer relevant professional certifications such as CPO and CAMT.
- High level of competency and efficiency in all aspects of maintenance operations including electrical, plumbing, pool maintenance, appliance repair, carpentry, and painting.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to address the needs of residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Proficient using technology including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and iPads/tablets.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English in a manner sufficient to carry out duties.
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen required.
- Must be legally qualified to work in the U.S. meeting I-9 guidelines.
- 90% company paid medical benefits for employee coverage.
- 100% company paid dental and vision benefits for employee coverage.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Company paid life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability benefits for employee coverage.
- Best-in-class voluntary insurance benefits.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) programs with a company match equal to 100% of the first 4% contributed by the employee.
- Discretionary bonus programs.
- Eligibility for a 20% housing discount consideration.
- Employee assistance program (EAP) with 24/7 counseling services.
- Company-sponsored backup childcare.
- Employee discount program through LifeMart.
- Company-sponsored industry training and certifications.
- Paid time off (PTO) equal to 15 days in the first year.
- Up to 12 paid holidays each year.
- Diversity initiatives and events lead by our DE&I Committee.
- Paid volunteer time off, 2 days per year to volunteer in the community.
HNN’s mission is to be a great company that provides outstanding housing. We emphasize common sense in the management of investment properties. We achieve standards of performance that balance short-term return on investment with long-term housing preservation and value. We nurture a reputation of excellence in our housing communities, in our operations and within ourselves. We promote healthy communication, productive teamwork, integrity and professionalism. We thrive in a work environment that is exciting, fun and productive. We realize the power of kindness and compassion in our business operations.
Visit us at www.lifeisbetterhere.com/careers to view all open career opportunities!
DEVCO RESIDENTIAL GROUPEverett, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.