DENSO TEN AMERICA Limited Novi, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Interprets and participates in the implementation of financial and accounting principles and techniques for the purposes of financial planning, cost analysis, costing, budgeting, internal controls and reporting. Will handle both Cost Accounting and Financial Analysis.
KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supporting the area of Cost accounting, Account Receivable Accounting for analysis, problem detection, and problem resolution.
- Analyzes, problem detection, and problem resolution for Inventory Accounting.
- Analyzes and monitor ASN & EDI system from Accounting standpoint together with AR Specialists and IT specialists.
- Monitors and analyzes Account Receivable Aging and compiles the reconciliation of account receivable-related accounts.
- Prepares Account Receivable Status reports for the Officers’ meeting quarterly.
- Compiles and books the allowance of account receivable based on the company policy annually.
- Maintains the system of product cost database (including updates) for cost analysis, business segmentation, budget planning and PL forecast.
- Develops and manages the system and procedures for accurate Standard Cost Setting and Inventory value.
- Maintains the systems, procedures, and processes for Cost accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Account Receivable Accounting in compliance with JSOX.
- Responsible for reporting the cost trends and forecasts of products and parts,
- Responsible for reporting inventory movement trends, and AR aging account status.
- Works with manufacturing operations to develop and maintain standard costs in association with BOM. Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyzes the inventory and cost accounting methodology to better align processes and consistency (i.e., standard costing).
- Coordinates standard cost update twice a year with other departments (production, logistic, factory, and Wearhouse) and outside auditor.
- Analyzes inventory and cost flow (physical movements and data process) and provides accurate analysis of PPV & IPV variances (cost and purchase variance).
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting monthly COGS analysis for reasonableness and accuracy with the ability to investigate and explain any issues to management.
- Develops metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers in COGS (i.e., Direct material)
- Shares and analyzes existing policies and procedures for all cost accounting and inventory activities and recommends any necessary updates
- Shares, conducts, and books devaluation, LCM, and any other items related to inventory based on the company’s policy (quarterly)
- Assists in developing, consolidating, and analyzing the annual operating plan, strategic plan, and forecasts (long and short term)
- Compiles and provides appropriate management reports and Management Approval.
- Assists in preparing annual and interim sales and operational budgets.
- Provides reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or operations.
- Performs complex financial and managerial accounting analysis as required.
- Liaison between company, parent company, and affiliates on accounting matters
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trends and operating forecasts.
- Analyzes financial information to determine financial performance & identify factors affecting costs & profits.
- Researches and prepares reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, impact of governmental regulations and GAAP & IFRS changes.
- Analyzes and recommends improvement of internal cost and financial controls.
- Assists in month end closings, prepares forecasts and reconciles inventory.
- Maintains and organizes monthly closing documents and JSOX documents.
- Analyzes operating costs and prepares periodic reports for the Company and management.
- Performs internal physical inventory, audit & inventory-related business flow, audits and prepares audit reports for management.
- Assists during external CPA inventory physical audit semi-annually and annually.
- Maintains updated BOM, BOM for budget and BOM for 1st and 2nd Standard Cost up-date with Factory cost accounting team.
- Recommends and participates in the development of new processes to improve the routine detail procedures or methods.
- Prepares Royalty and Patent report (monthly).
- Assists in preparing Hyperion Financial Reporting (DIVA/D-CAFE).
- Presents financial and cost analysis as required.
- Special projects as assigned
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Accounting or Related Field (possession of credits for Intermediate, Advance Accounting, Federal Tax, Cost accounting, and business environment desired but not required)
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Finance or Related Field
Accounting or Financial experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution company.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- E-Mail (MS Outlook)
- Internet Presentations (MS PowerPoint)
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel) - High level of proficiency required
- Word Processing (MS Word)
- Databases (MS Access) - Proficiency is plus
Requires ability to read and write fluently in English. Also, it is preferred the ability to understand (talk, read and write) Japanese or Spanish. The person should possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, internal staff and FTL in Japan.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software and preferably Oracle and Access Database software.
- Applies Job-Specific Expertise
- Building & Fostering Teamwork
- Communicating Effectively
- Continuous Improvement
- Delivers High Quality Results
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
DENSO TEN AMERICA Limited
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at DENSO TEN AMERICA Limited