Credit & Accounts Receivable Clerk
Demdaco Leawood, KS
- Expired: July 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
DEMDACO is a gift and home decor company based in Leawood, KS. We strive to 'lift the spirit' with our customers, consumers and colleagues by partnering with artists representing a wide range of styles and mediums and whose work is consistent with our values - 'pursuing business the way it ought to be.' Products are curated through this filter then carefully reproduced by skilled craftspeople around the world. Under the DEMDACO brand, our product categories include Gifts, Home Decor, Entertaining, Fashion, Baby and Willow Tree. For more than 20 years, DEMDACO has strived to 'Lift the Spirit' in times of celebration, when comfort is needed, or just to put a smile on someone's face.
We believe that business in not merely a financial endeavor, but first-and-foremost, a human endeavor. This philosophy guides our business decisions and informs how the company interacts with colleagues and customers and it leads our efforts in creating a dynamic workplace. https://www.demdaco.com
In order to be considered a candidate for this position, you must submit your resume/application and complete the Culture Index Survey below:
The Credit & Accounts Receivable Clerk performs activities associated with the set-up and maintenance of customer accounts, related ship to addresses and the maintenance of valid resale tax certifications from each customer, communicates issues regarding the validity of an address with the TM/Customer to ensure the integrity of data in our processing system, assists with the Credit Approval process by preparing credit review packets, updating accounts with approval data and assisting with the scanning and indexing of critical documents. When needed, performs clerical activities associated with maintaining current and accurate receivables on accounts. The duties may include payment posting, credit processing, and generating invoicing and statements for mailing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to a variety of clerical tasks. Works under general supervision, reporting to a supervisor or manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (additional duties may be assigned)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes the set-up and maintenance of customer accounts and related ship to addresses in our processing system which includes merging or separating addresses, closing accounts/addresses, processing name/ownership changes and clearing corrections and working with the TM/Customer to ensure the validity of our addresses. Add and remove Sales Reps and Employees to/from the automated system.
- Set-up line protection requests in the system to prevent sales of unauthorized product.
- Perform all steps related to the prepay process including but not limited to; sending pre-pay letters to customers who have been approved as a DEMDACO customer and need to pay in advance for their orders.
- May process new inbound Resale Tax documents to complete the set-up of new accounts and generates expiration notices on existing resale tax certifications, identify and close inactive accounts in the tax certification system, process inbound certifications from the lockbox and CC fax and work to maintain the accuracy of our records by working to resolve the aging expired certifications.
- Work appropriate maintenance reports in order to maintain the integrity of the data in the system.
- Assist in preparing customer records for credit review by printing existing customer data as well as locating and printing industry related reports via the web. May update and verify customer order statuses to reflect credit decisions made by the Specialist and Analyst.
- Research discrepancies on addresses, terms, TM id's, account id's and records relevant information to the customer account. May also record Credit information regarding the status of the credit and collection efforts, and perform activities to update relevant data on the account, invoice, order or vendor records.
- Assists in maintaining departmental filing.
- Assists in mailing and faxing documents and letters to customers, other businesses and Sales Reps.
- Provides back-up support to the AR Specialist which may include posting customer transactions and processing appropriate ledger transactions to close/open receivables, adjust balances, processing miscellaneous approved credits/chargebacks/write-offs and responding to AR Support requests.
- Assist in performing maintenance/research activities associated with credit card processing including the reverse and write-off of consumer fraud activity.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a related field such as: Credit Clerk, Credit & Collections Clerk, Credit Reporting Clerk, Administrative Secretary, or Administrative Services Clerk.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Order processing systems and Contact Management systems.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attention to Detail - Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus - Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs; and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Organizational Support - Follow policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; stand; walk; stoop and kneel.Job Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Time off includes PTO and 5 "Lift the Spirit" Days designed to assist with volunteer efforts and helping others
- Annual Community Giving Day
- Complimentary on-site fitness center
- Generous product discounts
- Casual work atmosphere
- Potential for annual bonus based on company performance
- Costco membership
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Demdaco