- Posted: over a month ago
DEKA Research & Development, located in Manchester, NH, has an immediate opening for a Senior Intellectual Property Counsel for our in-house legal department. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced IP counsel to work for a company specifically dedicated to research, development, design and specialized manufacturing of products that change lives. The creation and protection of intellectual property has been a core part of our success for over forty years. At DEKA, the IP counsels work closely with a diverse group of engineers, designers, and developers to protect their work with worldwide patents, copyrights, trademarks and other forms of intellectual property rights. Our dedicated in-house staff pursue worldwide patent prosecution, manage outside counsel and other related IP activities. The work at DEKA is concentrated in life-sustaining medical devices, but also includes such diverse fields as autonomous vehicles, clean water and more. There is always new and interesting IP being created by our diverse staff of over 900 dedicated professionals. It is inspiring to work on projects that make a material difference in people’s lives.
How you will make an impact:
- Assist with the identification of new inventions and develop comprehensive patent filing strategies
- Initiate and analyze prior art searches
- Prepare and prosecute U.S. patent applications, with the ability to handle more complex matters such as appeals, oppositions and interferences
- Prepare and prosecute foreign patent applications, including PCT applications
- Assist with the identification and protection of other forms of intellectual property including copyrights, trademarks, etc.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- J.D. from an ABA-approved law school and USPTO Bar admission required
- 3-5 years with what could be their first in-house legal position and experience with U.S. and international patent prosecution and other intellectual property matters
- Technical background, preferably in the fields of computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or physics
- Critical thinking, excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with company engineers
- Ability to manage patent docket of worldwide patent filings and implement patent strategies consistently across multiple foreign patent systems
- Knowledge of USPTO systems including Patent Center and eFS Web
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research & Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA’s brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.
Powered by JazzHR
DEKA Research & Development
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?