Senior Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) IT Advisor
- Expired: July 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) IT Advisor
Ft. Belvoir, VA.
What We Can Offer YOU!
Exceptional Company Benefits:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, 401(k) Plan, and more!
DEFTEC is seeking to hire a Senior Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) IT Advisor to support Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Information Management and Technology (IT) Directorate located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Position will provide SETA support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) CTO and IT Services organization that is responsible for direct IT support to DTRA and combatant commands and deployed US forces. This is a challenging, rewarding, and high-visibility position that will directly support the CTO with technical expertise on strategic IT efforts and requirements. Position will require the ability to apply a broad knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD) IT in a fast-paced environment that requires quick reaction and innovative thinking.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Strategic and Technical Advisor to the DTRA CTO; Will work in close coordination with government leadership and personnel, assisting in strategic, tactical, and operational IT planning for IT initiatives
- Provide direct IT policy, governance, and compliance advice and assistance to the CTO and government IT organization leadership
- Look at efforts objectively, and provide independent assessments and recommendations to the CTO
- In an environment of rapidly changing DoD IT governance, and advancements in technology, must be able to advise/recommend strategies to effectively implement programs in DTRA and assist the CTO with adapting the organization to those changes that could impact mission support
- Assist the CTO with coordination, analysis, and execution of technical strategies to address changing DoD IT policies and reforms, such as the DoD Fourth Estate IT reforms and optimization efforts
- Ability to identify risks and mission impacts that could result from DoD changing IT policies and governance; Advise the CTO on risk mitigation strategies
- Performs complex tasks involving the gathering, analyzing, and compiling of data and information into well-written reports and presentations
- Manages multiple projects and priorities; initiates follow up to ensure timely achievement of commitments
- High level of creativity and complexity to research and recommend solutions based on data analysis, evaluating alerts, and business concepts
- Ability to adapt traditional IT governance, policy, and compliance to non-traditional operating environments through innovative thinking and analysis
- Has an understanding of IT Architecture at a strategic level for defense agencies
- Capable of coordinating and collaborating across organizational boundaries
Education & Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience developing and presenting complex technical information to senior Government officials using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in a related field of study, such as Computer Science, IT Management, IT Information Systems, etc. with a minimum of 10-15 years of position specific experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or minimum 5+ years of project management experience.
- Experience working in support of command level leaders and decision makers from Government, DoD, Service, or Joint national security headquarters staff or equivalent.
- Possess an active Top Secret security clearance and be eligible for immediate SCI nomination and indoctrination.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
DEFTEC's goal is to always support mission readiness by providing up-the-stream solutions to the Warfighters to better enable them to respond to evolving threats. Everything we do is designed to PROTECT THE WARFIGHTER. Our company was founded on, and is continuously inspired by, the critical missions that save Warfighters' lives.
DEFTEC Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, status as a parent, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may call 256-929-3879 to contact us about your interest in employment with DEFTEC Corporation.
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
EducationView all jobs at DEFTEC Corporation