We are looking for a hard working energetic and the punctual employee who has the desire to work with Infants.
The hours for this position is 9-6 Monday through Friday.
Medical Assistance/CNA a Plus
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Please only apply if you have worked with infants in any capacity, and you have at least the required 15 units of Child Development and /or Early Education in the following: Child Growth and Development, Home, School and Community, Curriculum, Infant and Toddler.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to be understood by young children, parents, staff, and professionals affiliated with the Center.
- Strong knowledge of child development theory and experience with current developmentally appropriate early childhood practices.
- Must hold all infants under the age of one, when feeding them with a bottle.
- Strong knowledge of Safe Infant Sleeping Practices and implement these at all times.
- Experience in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for infants.
- Document children’s developmental growth with a developmental portfolio, which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and parents in a positive, effective and professional manner.
- Pediatric CPR and First Aid certified with the ability to act quickly and appropriately during emergencies and hazardous situations.
- Must have current immunization shots: including MMR, Tdap, TB test, Influenza Shot or waiver
- Must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to routinely carry, bend, kneel, sit on small furniture and sit on the floor.
Duties will include:
- Under the supervision of the Center Director work to provide the infants with an enriched and stimulating environment that is well arranged, inviting and orderly.
- Collaborate with Co-Teachers in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Incorporating fine and gross motor development activities in daily routines.
- Provide vocal stimulus and modeling by reading out loud, singing and speaking to infants.
- Assume responsibility of the classroom. Assist with the preparation and clean up food during meal times.
- Support the Director in maintaining a high-quality program that adheres to state licensing codes and Definitely Learning Children Program standards
- Supervise, train and mentor support staff and student teachers.
- Maintain a healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environment at all times.
- Document the Infant’s developmental growth with a developmental portfolio, which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
- Perform periodic parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental growth, needs, and concerns.
- Model positive behavior, attitude, and language for children and staff.
- Attend all classroom and center meetings, as well as training workshops.
- Change diapers and clothing as needed. Follow the diapering procedures at all times.
- Assist with other duties as needed by the Center Director and Program Administrator.
Definitely Learning Infant & Preschool is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified persons regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Infant: 1 year (Required)