Project Manager shall be the Team Lead for his/her construction projects and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation in order to ensure success. The Project Manager must be able to work independently while maintaining a strong relationship, cohesion and transparency with the DEB team at large.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- · Prepare contracts and validate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Creates contingencies and takes actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site. Ensure that all solutions are both safe and meet all applicable OSHA guidelines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction challenges.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, subcontractors and clients.
- Plan, organize, script and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepare and submit billings in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Schedule the project in logical steps with an emphasis of meeting the client’s expectations while allowing the subcontractors the ability to maximize productivity.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Study job specifications and construction documents to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Inspect and review projects to ensure work is being completed in the highest of quality standards.
· 7+ years Project Manager experience with at least 4 years focused on the Corporate / Retail market segments.
- Proven track record of not only the completion of projects on time and within budget but also significant challenges overcome in order to ensure success.
· Track record of success in an environment of managing multiple projects with varied needs and deadlines, with demonstrated ability to keep track of details while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or another relevant field desirable.
· LEED AP must be achieved within 6 months of the date of hire.
· Candidates must have valid California Driver License and a driving record in good standing. All final candidates will be required to have a Fitness for Duty Test, Drug Screen, Motor Vehicle Report, and Criminal Background Check prior to hiring.