Maintenance Reliability Leader
Salary: $90k-!05k, plus competitive bonus, benefits and retirement package
Relocation Assistance offered
Major Food and Beverage(CPG) manufacturer seeks a Maintenance Reliability Leader.
Maintenance Reliability Leader with analytical skills to influence employees on the floor leading improvement processes to support a Business Unit with multiple lines, value stream teams, or technology groups. You will collect data and turn it into a plan for the plant and will spend about 60% of your time on the plant floor addressing and articulating concerns to resolve at the next level. The Reliability Leader is directly responsible for planned maintenance pillar activities and leadership of mechanics supporting their team on a 24/7 basis. Reliability Leaders are responsible for daily tactical execution of Daily Direction Setting priorities, coordination of mechanics, execution and follow up of planed work. In addition, the Reliability Leader is responsible for developing planned maintenance strategies that support safety, people engagement, quality, cost, reliability and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with five to ten years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Understand TPM and continuous improvement methods
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Manufacturing experience preferably in the CPG consumer packaged goods industry with multiple high-speed, high-volume production lines
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Computer literacy in programming and ladder logic
- Knowledge of OSHA, local, state, and federal health and safety regulations
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal/interpersonal.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Capability to lead and direct a team preferred
- Ensure the safety of our people and our products always
- Attend and Support all line meetings as part of the Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process
- Work with Production Leaders and OpEx Leaders in the development and execution of Plan for the Day and loss elimination activities.
- Communicate metrics for maintenance and reliability activities. Owns and drives improvement around planned and unplanned downtime, # breakdowns, MTBF & MTTR metrics for their lines.
- Owns Breakdown Elimination, Defect Handling, & Planning and Scheduling. Coaches teams through effective execution of these processes and builds capability and ownership of these systems down to the team level over time.
- Meet with each shift daily to review work completed and provide direction and follow up
- Maintain Maintenance schedules for owned lines and ensure adequate coverage in a consistent and equitable way that is consistent with the contract and state regulations
- Create daily assignments for mechanics on each shift the support planned maintenance and loss elimination initiatives. Focuses on engaging mechanics in proactive work that will improve line predictability/stability.
- Provides resourcing and support to line owned autonomous maintenance activities
- Follow up on safety, quality and major losses with root cause analysis
- Support off shift critical work and emergency repairs where required
- Identify gaps and roadblocks to successful execution of line maintenance plans and develop plans to close gaps
- Monitor metrics, develop plans, and propose solutions for improvement
- Support Planned Maintenance Pillar, System and Tools implementation
- Support Systems and Equipment Ownership capability development
- Lead and Support Early Equipment Management Activities, including possible startup leadership for projects within their area
- Coaches teams through effective execution of maintenance processes in support of the Preventative Maintenance Pillar plan and builds capability and ownership of these systems down to the team level over time for assigned area.
- General Maintenance tasks:
- Reviews work orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations
- Monitors and helps to modify preventive maintenance program in conjunction with the plant maintenance manager and maintenance staff
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and regulatory standards designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials