DE pfp Mobile, AL
- Expired: 15 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Riceboro, GA
Summary of Position:
Our global specialty chemicals client's Logistics Department exists to ensure the safest, most efficient and modern methods of transporting
inbound and outbound goods thereby allowing our client to grow sales and ensure customer satisfaction. The Logistics Manager will develop and lead the Logistics Staff and Function to ensure these goals are consistently delivered.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively evaluate and recommend efficiencies related to the movement of inbound and outbound goods.
- Rail routings
- Equipment and Mode selection
- Asset tracking
- Utilization optimization
- Develop, manage and expand our core stable of transportation providers for inbound/outbound multimodal, global transportation coverage including:
- Truckload Van: Over-The-Road and Intermodal Containers
- Bulk Trucking: Liquid Bulk, Dry Bulk, and Intermodal Containers
- Ocean Transport: Dry Containers, ISO Bulk Containers and Specialized Equipment
- Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) carriage across North America
- Rail Transport: Liquid Tanks, Dry Bulk, and COFC Intermodal Air Freight, Small Packaged and Specialized Services
- Work in team setting with Purchasing group to negotiate rates for all inbound and outbound logistics
- Oversee and manage all logistics contracts. Evaluate new carrier offerings as a benchmark against current rates.
- Coordinate with Sales, Customers and Operations to establish effective distribution channels and the logistics resources and processes delivering continuity of supply with economic logic.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints including credits and / or claims with Logistics Providers
- Evaluate and manage freight bill payment providers to include updating of reporting to closely match our business needs.
- Analyze all logistics costs including storage costs, inbound and outbound detention costs, and freight costs to establish cost and performance improvement goals
- Manage a staff of approximately 10 Logistics Professionals
- Oversee Carrier Qualification: As a Responsible Care Management System® company, we qualify our
- carriers to RCMS, and DOT HM 232 Standards. Oversee “onboarding” process, maintenance and updates. Oversee Centralized Dispatch: Ensure processes and ISO procedures are up-to-date and that adequate cross
- training and coverage is maintained
- Oversee Rail-To-Truck Transload Facilities: Oversee non-Oil and Gas Transload facilities and inventories
- to insure efficient and steady delivery to customers
- Oversee Asset Management: Manage Logistics Assets including Fleets of Railcars, Dry Bulk Containers,
- and ISO Tanks:
- Certifications compliance
- Maximize Utilization
- Optimize fleet size
- Evaluate current rail tracking system and make upgrade or replacement decisions and oversee implementation and ongoing management of the new system to include yard management system.
- Rail Shipping: Oversee the management of Inbound Flow of Raw Materials and the Outbound Flow of Warehouse Transfer and Commercial Rail Shipments
- Identify Strategic Warehousing Options and optimize distribution channels identifying locations for
- strategic distribution/warehousing.
- Partner with procurement to establish the most cost effective solution to deliver customer
- Coordinate all resources to qualify and setup these critical logistics locations
- Maintain the Logistics compliance within our client's ISO 9001 and RCMS systems and other regulatory and legal requirements
Position reports directly to the Director of Customer Service and Logistics
The position must interface with Sales, Manufacturing, Production Planning, Technical, Quality, Legal, Regulatory
Compliance, Customer Service, Customers, and other Logistics personnel.
1. A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Business or Technical Field is required. A BS in Logistics and Supply
Chain Management preferred.
2. A minimum of seven years combined experience in logistics, inventory control, distribution operations
management and department supervision is required.
3. Strong knowledge and experience in multi-modal logistics – bulk truck, bulk rail, van, flat-bed, LTL, and
4. Position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal including listening, and presentation skills.
5. Must be Microsoft office literate at the intermediate to advanced level.
6. A strong customer-focus with the ability to support sales and gain their cooperation and respect.
7. Experience with dealing with internal and external senior level management.
8. Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DE pfp