Human Resources Generalist
The shift for this role is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
We are a high-quality medical cannabis manufacturer seeking motivated and accountable team players to join our production team!Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for various Human Resources and recruiting functions. This includes a variety of responsibilities such as: recruiting and onboarding, employee investigations, trainings, and benefits administration.
Your role in caring for our plants:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- First point of contact for general HR related inquiries at our MCP OPCO facility
- Responsible to applying all HR policies and company guidelines and ensuring company compliance to include employee handbook overview, policies, employment documents, and benefit enrollment
- Educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees
- Address employee grievances; conduct investigations when necessary
- In coordination with HR Director, take appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate policies
- Assist with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online, phone screens and scheduling candidate interviews.
- Manage the recruiting platforms and keeps platforms up to date with each candidate's status and relevant notes
- Process background checks and drug screens
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed
- Assist in managing workers' compensation injury claims
- File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of statuses, and dates of and reasons for terminations
- Answer questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits and other pertinent information
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications we ask you to have:
- For legal reasons, all employees need to be at least 21 years of age.
- You will be asked to pass a Federal and State criminal history background check.
- We ask that you have a Bachelors degree.
- We ask that you have at least four (4) years of HR Generalist experience.
Addition skills which will help you excel in your role:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers.
- Strong work ethics - be accountable and proactive.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a high production environment!
- Ability to foster collaboration and team environment.
This is not your average desk job! Please make sure you are willing and able to perform the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
- This position requires an inordinate amount of sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting and reaching in full range of motion to complete physical tasks
- Must be capable of sitting for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Employee Assistance Plan
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
DCM Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DCM, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at DCM, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. DCM, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
DCM IncHagerstown, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.